Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Semi-Brick HELP

OK, so i am not new to Android or rooting (have done several phones for myself and friends without problems).... But there is always a first!!!

So my friend was attempting to root his G2 through Visionary+ (yes i know its problematic and not the way i would have done it but its done) but when the device reboot, its now stuck on the white HTC screen.

I can get into the stock recovery, and bootloader and we are still S-ON. i cannot use ADB (unless you have a trick you can show me). Have tried factory reset, PC10.img and update.zip. Nothing has worked.

Any suggestions would be awesome, and also, if someone could point me to an RUU that i can download (the only RUU's i have seen have been on odd sites and such and i dont trust them or for the UK version)

ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!!

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

Not sure if you're on XDA, but this is always a good forum to use for this type of thing G2 Development Forum

i was wondering if you ever fixed the semi brick phone ? i did what you did with VISIONary and now my phone wont go past the white HTC screen can you help me please! i can get to the hboot screen and i can press up and get to where it asks about the sd card ... but no further and ive tried the sd card blah blah .. but nothing ... please dont tell me hope is lost
    -Thank you for any help you can give

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

I'm sorry, never recovered a semi brick before. Hope is there though, semi is better than brick.