1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy I am completely lost and i think i semi-bricked my phone help!!

hello,
    i have a Tmobile G2 and i did a root last night with the app VISIONary i did the temp root and it worked great! but then i tried the permaroot with that same app *sigh* and after it rebooted it wouldnt go past the white HTC screen so i rebooted again and again and again ... i've found posts that say i can go into my sd and restore ive seen the h-boot screen or whatever and i used the clockwork mod as well and i see a file on my sd card that says recovery check point but honestly i dont know how to use any of these things : / im so new at modding its sad so please can someone help because id really like to get my phone back to at least stock 2.2 i dont care! thanks for all help! oh and also i believe im still S-on ..(i dont know how to tell but i dont remember turning it off)

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

Follow step by step. The folks on xda are always willing to gchat to help out.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default tried this

Hi matrix,
    i tried working with one some guys on another thread i found and we worked for days but we couldnt figure it out so i sent it in to the place where i bought my phone hopefully they can fix it.
    -Thanks though

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

If you can't get it fixed, I'd suggest saying that an update caused it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yea i did say that. thanks

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

Np at all.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Martx ... i may need your help if you can help because i sent it to the guy and now hes saying he cant fix it give it to tmobile is there anything i can do and also xda isnt answering me at all : /
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

G2 is a very advanced phone. They have base modal androids for a reason

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S in the 408
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

yes thats exactly what i need! the base model OS so i can restore my phone can you help me ?
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

This will only work
    If you made a nandroid back up (restore point)

Boot in to recovery
    You can do this by holding down (power and volume down) or it could be power volume down and home).

One there you should see a dos looking screen

Use the volume control for movement. And menu for clicking.

Now you should see a backup/restore...click it

Click restore.

Chose the restore point

Confirm.

Let it restore.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I dont have a nandroid anything is there anyway around that ? that i can do it without having a restore point
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl0408 View Post
    I dont have a nandroid anything is there anyway around that ? that i can do it without having a restore point
    I believe there is something called emergency mode but I can't help you there as I have never used it.

You could try to restore the "Google respiratory system" but other than that sorry

What i think happened was that kernal has no root permission (it was temp) but the other root prosess some how overwrite the kernal in which now it is curupted data. One more thing if you flashed a custom Tom or kernal you could try reflashing. This is why we can't emphasize enough how important it is to make a nandroid back up.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Sorry I couldn't help but I noticed your user name. Are you in Santa Clara County? ( because of the 408)

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

are you sure its Google respiratory system ? i googles it and google didnt know what i was talking about lol and yea i shouldnt have tried to do it alone i didnt get that far to do a custom mod but im still s- on so no root i guess i need to flash the original os to do it but ive heard people saying that they took it apart and made it work again do you know how to do that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

The respitory must only be on clock work mod then.

I say your only option is to take your phone in to T-Mobile and say you recived an over-the-air up date that made your phone do that. Don't mention rooting or cwm.

No lol physically opening your phone wont do anything. But possibly braking the phone more if you poke the 2 covered holes on the back, GPS radio, and data/voice radio.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

do you have any idea if tmobile will do it for free ? i dont have insurance ... so im not sure if theyll do it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Aww T-Mobile might not replace it, but you might have manufacturers warranty and T-Mobile might be able to send it out.

Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

true ok thanks for that the g2 hasn't even been out a year right? so i could maybe pull that !! thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

I think its been like 8 or 10 months so I would go as soon as possible. Even though I am not a g2 owner ( I am on sprint) I'm glad I could some-what help lol.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

great idea! i called tmobile and they said if i send the phone in they'll replace it .. for free it sounded suspicious at first and then i realized i have prepaid so they cant charge me lol they have no like credit card on me or whatever

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, busy with work. Since you said it was from an update it's on their hands not yours.