Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Default Rooted G2X (CLOCKWORKMOD Help)

So i rooted my phone with superoneclick. Had superuser. I got the latest rom manager and flashed cmw recovery and would hit reboot into recovery from rom manager, and it would freeze or stop responding and close. I tried turning off the phone and hold both volume buttons along with the power and nothing would happen, phone wouldn't turn on. I saw online someone said volume down plus power and that just brought my phone back to the way i got it, still rooted though with superuser. How do i boot into custom recovery?

Afaik, the only way right now is to boot into recovery via Rom Manager.

You need to use nvflash to change stock recovery to cwm recovery

Sent from my LG-P999
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Suprah View Post
    You need to use nvflash to change stock recovery to cwm recovery

Sent from my LG-P999
    I flashed it with rom manager and have 0 problems. I've booted into recovery from rom manager.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Guys hopefully you guys can help me im a new b.

So i rooted my G2x and i deleted some BLOATware. i wanted to know if it was possible for me to get that bloatware back. I didnt back it up.
    any advices???
    r3g

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    I flashed it with rom manager and have 0 problems. I've booted into recovery from rom manager.

Only problem with that is if for some reason you get bootlooped and cant get the OS up you have no way of getting to ROM Manager and into recovery. It is highly recommended that everyone flash recovery with nvflash as Suprah said. That way you can always get into recovery with the power button + vol down combo.

Here ya go: [RECOVERY][APP] One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher for Windows Updated:5-03-11 - xda-developers
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by r3g View Post
    Only problem with that is if for some reason you get bootlooped and cant get the OS up you have no way of getting to ROM Manager and into recovery. It is highly recommended that everyone flash recovery with nvflash as Suprah said. That way you can always get into recovery with the power button + vol down combo.

Here ya go: [RECOVERY][APP] One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher for Windows Updated:5-03-11 - xda-developers
    Yup I saw that. I actually created a PSA thread about it for root users.

Sorry to intrude your thread but I also had a question. I rooted with one click for the Mac and did the clockwork mod with rom manager and I was wondering if I could install CM 7 from the rom manager or do I have to do some extra steps.

Sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm coming from the EVO 4g and everything was much easier
    Last edited by idesofmarch; 05-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you had an EVO you are familiar with ADB and such, correct? If you're going to start flashing ROMs I would flash clockwork with NVFlash. The problem with flashing clockwork using ROM Manager is that you can't get into it using Vol Down + Power.

I followed THESE instructions and had no issues.

I'll go ahead and do that tomorrow after work. Thanks

Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I installed CWM using NVFlasher last night and it was waaay easier than anything else. Paul at Modaco specifically says NOT to use Rom manager because it doesn't work all too well on the G2X yet.

I tried to install Modaco Custom Rom (for the Optimus 2X) on my G2X last night, but it didn't work, even though there wasn't much saying that it wouldn't. I pretty much want to try out the LG skin and see what its like, and MCR is the only way to do it. Reached out to Paul and some of the peeps on Modaco, but haven't heard yet.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The LG skin isn't bad. I used it on the Optimus T. It's basically a custom launcher. Not anywhere near as deep as sense, motoblur, or touchwiz. You're honestly not missing much unless they added a ton since then to it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    The LG skin isn't bad. I used it on the Optimus T. It's basically a custom launcher. Not anywhere near as deep as sense, motoblur, or touchwiz. You're honestly not missing much unless they added a ton since then to it.
    Oh, I'm just a geek and wanted to try it out. :P

I'm new to ROOTing and all this stuff. Could someone give me some advice on once I do get my G2x roooted, which I have SuperOneClick downloaded an then I have the LGDrivers downloaded also. I am also on another forum about android phones, have searched there but would like advice from this forum?

Thank you for any help

So is there a way that I can flash cw recovery through terminal?

sent from my LG G2X
    rooted
    CM7 Nightly
    honeycream with smoke
    Last edited by Kevin O'Quinn; 07-30-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: language
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Rooted G2X (CLOCKWORKMOD Help)

Not that I've seen. You'll need nvflash to flash it properly.