Anyone flashed the leaked version of Gingerbread?

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone had flashed the leaked version of Gingerbread, what their impression of it is, and if they like what they see?

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesnt fix the freezing and reboot problems (due to the kernel and baseband being the same as froyo.

It's for sure faster than froyo

Light sensor is broken

Keyboard tends to lag at times

Touchscreen is unresponsive at times

Battery life seemed to be on par with stock for the time I was running it.

The keyboard and touch sensitivity are the reasons I went back to stock. Quite annoying. The final release should be amazing though.

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a TMO rep (he made a curtesy call to see how we like our new phones), and he said the official release will be out by the end of the month. If that's the case, I might unroot, apply it and then reroot. Or wait till someone works some magic on it, then flash it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to a TMO rep (he made a curtesy call to see how we like our new phones), and he said the official release will be out by the end of the month. If that's the case, I might unroot, apply it and then reroot. Or wait till someone works some magic on it, then flash it.

Wait for a rooted version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I like some of the custom roms based on the leak.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

I've flashed Bionix2, and it seems to be working as advertised. I had to enter my facebook phone numbers manually since I can't add facebook to my accounts for some reason, but other than that I like it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed Bionix2, and it seems to be working as advertised. I had to enter my facebook phone numbers manually since I can't add facebook to my accounts for some reason, but other than that I like it.

Google removed that feature from Android. Any new Android phones that include that are because of custom skins that the manufacturer makes, like Sense/Motoblur/Touchwiz.

FWIW I've hit 4397 in quadrant running Bionix 2 and the trinity kernel.

2011-05-18222228.png

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Google removed that feature from Android. Any new Android phones that include that are because of custom skins that the manufacturer makes, like Sense/Motoblur/Touchwiz.

FWIW I've hit 4397 in quadrant running Bionix 2 and the trinity kernel.

2011-05-18222228.png

I was wondering if that was the case with facebook, thanks for that bit of info.

Impressive quadrant score!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of quadrant (or any benchmarks for that matter) except to compare different ROM/kernel combinations on my phone. Going to a different phone is going to give different results. But I was impressed, too, considering I could get in the high 2600's stock.

And low scores doesn't mean slow phone. Look at the Galaxy S phones. Low scores, but really fast.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of quadrant (or any benchmarks for that matter) except to compare different ROM/kernel combinations on my phone. Going to a different phone is going to give different results. But I was impressed, too, considering I could get in the high 2600's stock.

And low scores doesn't mean slow phone. Look at the Galaxy S phones. Low scores, but really fast.

Yup. I only use mine to compare the leaked GB to Froyo, and its definitely faster.

As far as the Galaxy S go; I remember reading somewhere that the real quadrant scores (were it not for Samsung's file system) are actually around 1800 or so. They're fast phones, but their quadrant scores suck.

The Sensation also proves that Quadrant scores don't mean much when you compare two different phones. It has a higher res screen, which means the processor is working harder to fill 30% more pixels than a phone like the GSII. So the score is going to be lower, even though the phone actually isn't slower.

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've settled (for the time being) on Eaglesblood 1.0.4. Since I flashed it, no reboots or any of the other annoyances.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I used that for a while. I had to occasional reboot. Better than stock. Now I'm using Ultimate G2X. Seems about the same, except that the shutting off while charging bug seems to rear it's head a little more.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thinking about trying out the ultimate rom using cm7 nightly and its ok but I'm having data issues and the gb leak is somewhat buggy guess I will try it with faux ext4 kernel just to see how it runs

brendancbeer

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
How long should the ROM flash take? I've been stuck with the icon (box with an arrow pointing at android symbol) for over an hour. (T-Mobile G2x from stock ROM to modaco-gingerbread-g2x-unsigned)

I'm afraid to reset my phone. How long should I wait?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
oh yeah something went wrong with your install I would say download something else move it to your external SD and flash that. or just restore to your previous rom if you made a nandroid backup