The Screen...

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I returned my first Skyrocket because I thought it was a bad one of the batch....but I seem to see the same lines going vertically up the screen when projecting a solid dark color. I always notice it when the environment around me is dark as well and it annoys me. I also see dots here and there across the screen like I did with my first.

I hope to get a pic of what I mean soon, I don't have my camera on me.

Anyone else notice many lines running up the phone? Or coffee looking stains when the screen is dark and viewing in a dark place?

When the screen is actually black(off) I see nothing, once it hits a projected black or grey I can really see them.

Redraider3403

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had my skyrocket for 2 days now and I will be packing it up tomorrow in hopes of getting one without the bleed through issue. Glad I'm not the only one who notices these things.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is a common problem. I don't remember seeing it with the OSGS2....

I can't go back to the original SGS2 either...damn AT&T.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything we can do? I don't want to pay $250 for a phone I can't stand to look at when watching videos....I would love to go back to the GS2 but they said I would be flagged then...

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
the only thing you can do is return it or deal w/ it. i love everything else about the phone so i am keeping mine.

why would you be flagged? are you within 30 days of purchasing the SR?

its been confirmed that the problem is more noticable when the screen brightness is low. more noticable on blacks and dark solid colors.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am within the 30, returned it two days for another one. I returned my SGS2 within the 30 days when the Skyrocket came out. Now I want to go back to the SGS2 and get rid of the Skyrocket....but I can't? I have to talk to my friend who works at AT&T

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed it, but to me anyways only in certain shades of blue in low light. I saw it when I was browsing through static wallpaper.

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
i'm surprised this hasnt been discussed in this forum yet...

this is a REAL problem which appears to be linked to all Galaxy phones w/ the Qualcomm processors. check out this thread..

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (AT&T) Screen Lines - xda-developers

oh and i work at an AT&T retailer and have been looking at each batch we get since they arrived and they are ALL like this.

This isn't a problem related to the processor. I have seen i1900s with it as well as i1777s with it. It is a physical issue most likely related to the manufacturing process.

I thought about returning my SR for an i1777, but when I saw one at an ATT store that also had it, I decided to just turn up the brightness, which makes it go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed some issues. Bad lines and dots with the live wallpaper beach scene.
Not present with the other live wallpapers though. Not on videos either.

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Perfect playback on videos downloaded from media hub. Makes me think it is a software issue.

It is visible any time the brightness is low and you have a grayish background. This could be certain games, Netflix or other programs that display similar colors. It disappears when you turn up the brightness, but looks like it is physically part of the screen to me.

Last edited:

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well looks like I am going to grab the LG Nitro on Sunday. Thank god! I can't stand this screen in low light, just absolutely terrible.

Nitro looks like a DAMN good phone...which is weird for LG nowadays.

chadiz

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i have the same issue with the SR screen showing vertical lines in low brightness and on greys.. its very noticeable on netflix or youtube playing avatar HD ..
On high brightness its good but that drains the battery big time, and you cant have it on high brightness at night, its just too bright for the eyes.

looked at the Nitro today,.. screen is nicer.. its narrower by less than 1/2 inch and longer by less than 1/2inch.. so in landscape its wider..
I like the keyboard and the 3 capacitive buttons better than 4 on the SR.
I tend to hit wrong buttons on the SR .. which i have to get used to.

now compared to Vivid , the Vivid screen is nice like the Nitro HD but the speaker sound is way low to my liking and it doesn't feel good in the hand.

now gotta decide .. as there is no perfect phone out there.

wtfmen

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I havw a 2 and a half year old samsung impression with a regular 3.2 inch AMOLED screen and it had this problem too. It doesn't bother me at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11