Skyrocket cant send MMS text to Iphone..try it!!

caper656

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Dont believe me? try it....send a video of any length/size via text to tit will show up on your buddies iphone as a black/blank video with audio.

So after 5 hours with ATT and 3 hours on the phone with Samsung, they finally told me there is a file format incompatibility that the iphone wont allow it to translate the .3pg video file from the android.

crazy huh?

so what do we do!! i must send video for my work to via text

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Not that I do not believe you, but I will test this for myself in the morning. I guess you're going to have to take the video, hook up your phone to your computer, convert it, save it to your phone and then send it.

Chris

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone does not support 3gp video. Most other phones do support it, but apple decided to make their phone incompatible with other phones.

Sent from my Skyrocket.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
so.....what do i have to do??? is there an app? do i really have to exchange this for an iphone for work!!!

Email it to the iPhone user. Let them worry about how to get a standard compliant file format to work on their non-complaint phone using iTunes, like Steve intended.

kmruss22

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem for a month. I switched phone, from iPhone to android. all my friends and families had iPhone. and I tried sending videos to them and all they received was a sound and all black. I was frustrated. I was thinking of going back to apple. but i figured it out after playing with all the settings. you have to change the settings. go to your camera, and switch it to video. go to settings on the top left corner, scroll down to resolution and switch it to the lowest one which is 176x144, and change the video quality from superfine to normal.. now try recording a video and send it to an iPhone. I've tried it to 6 different iPhone and all worked. hope this helps..

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Some people would prefer to keep their video settings high. Videos look horrible at that low resolution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So you have to reduce your video settings to work on that tiny screen? That's ridiculous. Why do people want iphones again?

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I do believe that people only buy IPhones cuz its the *in* thing that everybody has and is overly simplified for limited thinking.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I do believe that people only buy IPhones cuz its the *in* thing that everybody has and is overly simplified for limited thinking.

If that's true and I do agree with you btw, that's great marketing. I just want all that's available to me and Android gives me that.