Jellybean?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So now we have ics everyone happy? Ics has its pros and cons, but seeing that jellybean is supposed to make your phone lag free i would love to see an official update for it. If not i now think that i will venture into the world of rooting and put a custom jellybean rom on it. Anyone think we will get JB?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Its possible that the skyrocket might eventually get jellybean but i wouldnt get my hopes up, even if they announce that it will get it, the big question would be when. I would definitely root the skyrocket and grab CM10 or some other jellybean roms when they come out and are stable, jellybean on my nexus is definitely the best update i have used and i am real excited to see what google has in store for us in the future.

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
What I was told from the ATT Techs, ICS is very buggy for the Skyrocket. One that I discovered is a bluetooth issues I'm having with some of my devices. That is the reason they came out with Jellybead. I haven't been told this, (just spec) but inorder to have Jellybean we need to have ICS installed on the phone first. Any thoughts?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
ICS is not buggy at all, my GNex on ICS was working just fine and I didn't have any of those issues I had on my Skyrocket. GPS would get a lock every time I needed it unlike on the SR. And the battery life was great too. Now with Jelly Bean it works perfectly just more fluid interface and animations and a few new features. The ICS on the Skyrocket in my opinion was crippled either with TouchWiz or with buggy programming for this specific device (radio in particular) ICS in itself is not buggy...

Wozzi7

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You have to consider that there are going to be lots of new devices coming out that will need support for Jellybean and whether we like it or not SKY GSII is fast growing old in the digital sense.

GSIII came out just recently plus all the other devices from other manufacturers. ATT and other carriers are probably going to stick to working with those rather than older models. Maybe we might get Jellybean. That's a huge maybe. And that's probably the last official update you'll see.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
ICS is not buggy at all, my GNex on ICS was working just fine and I didn't have any of those issues I had on my Skyrocket. GPS would get a lock every time I needed it unlike on the SR. And the battery life was great too. Now with Jelly Bean it works perfectly just more fluid interface and animations and a few new features. The ICS on the Skyrocket in my opinion was crippled either with TouchWiz or with buggy programming for this specific device (radio in particular) ICS in itself is not buggy...

My phone doesn't have any Radio/Call Quality/Signal Quality/WiFi connectivity or GPS issues. I use my GPS all the time to check in and for Directions. Trust me I almost swore off Samsung after the Galaxy S GPS fiasco. If there was an issue with the GPS or Radio I'd know it (especially after coming from some HTC phones, which had shoddy cell radios).

As for BT I have no clue since I never use that and since most people I know have newer phones for file transfers I simply use WiFi Direct, eMail, or a Messaging App.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey