SMS Messages not showing in correct order

wterfansky

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

When I get a text message, and then reply, my reply is shown above the incoming message almost like I sent it first. This typically happens if I respond right away, however I believe it has done it during a longer wait period. When I do respond right away, both messages show the same time, so I am not ahead time wise.

Me: Not much 1:48PM
Dave: Whats up 1:48PM

Any help would be appreciated.:cool:

Last edited:

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
May have nothing to do with the phone. May be because his message actually arrived after you sent yours. Your phone knows when you send yours, right away. It doens't know when it sends his until it arrives.

This is the reason why I'm trying to get people to move to ChatOn. I am tired of the SMS lag on AT&T which I didn't experience on T-Mobile. IMing and SP2SP Messaging through data connection is a much better experience.

rwmeade

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

When I get a text message, and then reply, my reply is shown above the incoming message almost like I sent it first. This typically happens if I respond right away, however I believe it has done it during a longer wait period. When I do respond right away, both messages show the same time, so I am not ahead time wise.

my first post....just got the skyrocket and my texts are doing the same thing. i figured it has to do with the time. i restart my phone and the time corrects it self. for a couple of hours and then it happens again....

slenderdroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have no idea how to fix this but this is happening to me too. It happens after waiting a short time or a long time to reply and it's really getting annoying.

notrancid

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and what fixed it for me is in settings in time and date make sure you have a checkbox checked automatic time and date to use your network time.
I figured I will save some people the headache

Sam Hulsey

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Go to general settings then go to time and date Make sure automatic time and date is marked if not mark it and your problem will bw fixed

Aldoya

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks awesome !! I was just waiting for it to stop and it didn't so I found myself here and the fix in less than a minute :D

Ayesha Tariq

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
This did not help me, my data/time is set to automatic and unchecked/rechecked and restarted my phone but it did not fix the issue. any other suggestions?

raymuz

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
When I get SMS messages from a particular network, they show like they were sent 6 hours later (back to the future)! My time is set automatically to synch with Network Provided time and it is correct. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power