Root the Galaxy Tab 8.9

Crunch140

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!!

I wasn't able to get into recovery mode using "ADB Reboot Recovery" directly, it would just power down my tablet

This works for me:
-hold it in landscape mode with power button at upper left

-push and hold the power button for a few seconds, let go...

-As soon as you see the Galaxy Tablet 10.1 wording on the screen, press and hold the left half of the volume rocker button. As long as you do this before you get to the "SAMSUNG" word screen you should soon see the "Android with envelope" and "Android downloading" icons.

-Hit that left volume rocker to select the "Android with envelope" icon, then hit the right volume rocker (which acts as an 'enter' key)... Now you should be in the Recovery Mode boot screen.

-Once you get into the Recovery Boot Screen, the volume rockers act as error up and down... the Power key is the 'enter' key. Apply the update from SDCard, and reboot.

Thunder82

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Remove or freeze apps you don't use or want with titanium backup, install v6 supercharger, theme ugly APKs, and eventually install custom ROMs. These are the reasons I rooted.. :)

Sent from my GT-P7310

enki

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I used Titanium Backup to remove a bunch of the crapware that Samsung installed onto the tab (Amazon MP3, Video Store, Music Store, etc.). Very happy, and worth the $6 it cost to buy it.

What are some good 'root required' apps for the GT? I assume I can't try OC'ing until a custom kernel comes out, right?