The Elder Scrolls Online Discussion Thread

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thought id get the ball rollin on discussing THE game. I don't know about you guys but the elder scrolls online despite being a spinoff may just be the final nail in the coffin for wow and its what seven?? expansions.

I mean come on I'm super excited to see the full dawnstar when it is released as an expansion. You skyrim players may remember mention that dawnstar was the capital of skyrim before solitude took over right? Well this takes place in the 2nd era during the rule of Reman the 3rd, well before the great collapse.

Some of the features look kind of robbed from wow, but really the game IMO will be worlds better than wow, it spans across all of Tamriel. If Bethesda lives up to past elder scrolls, we could only see loading screens when you enter/leave a city/dungeon/building, or when you enter/leave a province. The game is rumored to be in 3rd person only which I guess would be an mmorpg thing right?

There's 3 factions, two of which you can choose to be a part of, including the now infamous aldmeri dominion. The imperials control cyrodiil, you cannot play as them. But you can be any other race and depending on which race is what faction you are placed into.

As to it being pay to play, I hope not but that seems to be the trend with MMOs let's just hope its not a fortune.

I would appreciate any other news/rumors about the game, thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I think most current MMOs have a lul bit of WoW in them, if not alotta bit. It's pretty much set the standard for MMOs nowadays. I have been playing WoW on and off since basically launch. I have tried several other MMOs, and, none have held a candle to WoW. Lots of potential out there, but, nothing really ever delivers.

I read several articles on TES MMO, and, watched a handful of video interviews. I gotta say, the ideas they were spinning sounded great. I really hope that it is implemented as well as they were talking it up. If you didn't watch the videos where there is one interviewer and three staff members being interviewed, they are excellent. I believe both were about fifteen minutes long. I don't have the link, sorry.

oyy0

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They are saying only for the PC and Mac, why wouldn't they try to bring this out for the PS4 and 720? Has anyone heard if they are going to go in that direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer