Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By XtrGamer123
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Cool Some low-spec games?

I have an HTC Desire C that has a single 600MHz CPU and 512MB RAM, so I can play a very small range of games, Could someone please suggest a list of games I should be able to play smoothly?

Default Re: Some low-spec games?

Welcome to Android Central! What kinds of games are you looking for?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Thanks. Right now I am playing Clash of Clans, Hill Climb Racing and Angry Birds which I really like, and they barely lag. I also have Cut The Rope full free version which doesn't lag, but I don't enjoy the game much. I was looking for an RPG or something like that, but Zenonia 5, though incredibly smooth in the beginning, became laggy after a point in the game.

I don't have any game recs for you right now, but have you tried doing a system cache partition wipe? This can sometimes speed up performance, and you won't lose any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but at around 0:50, make sure you select "wipe cache partition." The video is for the Desire, so I'm assuming it'll work for your Desire C.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Sounds like a nice idea but when I tried getting my phone into bootloader, nothing happens, the phone just switches on. I googled it and found a thread in XDA forums: [GUIDE]Unlocking Bootloader - Desire C {Step-to-Step} - xda-developers which is basically a guide to do the exact same thing, but it says that by "unlocking" bootloader on my phone I will void my warranty. It's a new phone man, have plenty of time before warranty expires, what do I do?

That's too bad--HTC tends to lock their bootloaders, which is a pain.

Getting back to your original question, here are some games I like (not all of them free) that should work pretty well on low-spec devices:

Doom & Destiny: retro, funny, and fun RPG. I got it free when it was the Free App of the Day on Amazon.
    Gunman Clive: fun side-shooter, quirky graphics
    Jones on Fire: 8-bit retro fun
    League of Evil: more 8-bit fun
    Meteor Blitz: nice take on Asteroids
    PewPew: lots of fun, retro vector graphics (can you sense a theme here?)
    Pinball Ride: probably the best pinball game for phones, since it doesn't try to cram a ton of detail in
    Plasma Sky: space shooter, lots of fun
    Pudding Monsters: I enjoy this more than Cut the Rope.
    Quell: very Zen
    Sinister Planet: nice take on Sinistar
    Gyro: warning, can be very addictive.
    Grabatron: alien invasion from the alien's perspective--might not run smoothly.
    Major Mayhem: also might not run smoothly, but worth a try.

Hope that's a good start!

Thanked by:
    XtrGamer123 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

You are awesome, man. I was expecting one or two, but you really gave me a lot of games and that too with a mini-review and a Play Store link. Unfortunately, I don't want to pay for mobile games and neither do I want to play free trial versions so that removes a chunk of the list but am getting started with the free ones right away. Much appreciated dude. BTW, yeah I was expecting retro-themed games.
    B. Diddy likes this.