What do YOU search for when looking for a game?

Qperience

May 7, 2014
Visit site
We were just wondering how people find their games from Google Play Store. Sure many just click the first pretty icon they see on the screen, but when looking for a specific type of a game, how people do this?

So when you want to play a new game YOU want to play, what do you search for? What is the search phrase YOU type in the search bar?

I could tell my answer first but that could affect your responses so I'll add that as a comment tomorrow :D

Slowmogames

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'll find my games when I read good recommendations. There's so much same kind of games so I can't find a good game anyway.
If the game looks good it's a plus but if the mechanism is bad that's it.

So I don't search, I'll let a Play Store recommend me something it knows better anyway. :)

chromaticity

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
For me, I always want to make sure that the game has a lot of replay value and it will be something that will take a while to get through. I don't like the feeling of buying a game, playing through it once, and then never touching it again... Because sometimes my apps just accumulate and I realize I haven't used them in a while so they're just taking up space :p

anon(9135900)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I usually look up recommendations online, I rarely use playstore to find what I want. Sometimes I'll click through random development logs on various forums and find something nice.
But if I'm using playstore search, I'll more than likely pop in the first word that enters my head and sift through results, see if anything catches my interest.

chendofs

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I personally prefer sport games and simple shooting games just to waste some time. But when searching its mainly the app icon that will catch my attention and prompt me to click and review the details of game. Once in there, it will be how good the screenshots look. In terms of looking at the reviews, I will just check that it has an 3 or more stars on average. It does not has to have hundreds or thousands of reviews. Also if it has just a few reviews and some are bad, I will still give it a chance, we users can be sometimes too demanding and post bad comments due to small things or ... sometimes how bad our day was.

Minisaur

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I mainly search for longevity and nice gameplay. I'm the guy who plays the same game for months, trying to finish all levels or be among the best in the ladder. While on google play I frequently use the words "rpg" or "city builder" or some famous brand I already know and maybe has a nice game for Android. But I mainly decide which app to download or purchase by looking reviews on youtube or gaming websites.

yolky

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I just play whatever my friends are playing most of the time. Playing by yourself gets really stale really quickly and having someone to talk to about the game makes it so much funner.