Most successful Xbox 360 games...

jackprw1

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The following are some of the most successful Xbox 360 games over the past 3 years.

7. Gears of War 2
The game is all kinds of fun. The graphics are spectacularly detailed, a highlight amongst Xbox 360 games, the combat is rich and satisfying, and the multiplayer is a source for ongoing entertainment thanks to a great mix of competitive and cooperative play modes.

6. Crackdown
Who would have ever thought that 500 green glowing orbs would become the focal point of our lives for a short period in 2007? Two years after its release, it's hard not to look back on Crackdown fondly. From the swan dive atop the Agency headquarters to the complete destruction of all of Pacific City's organized crime, Crackdown is a memorable foray into super-heroism. Its game play is unique amongst Xbox 360 games.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV
Few Xbox 360 games have effectively shut down the office during business hours, and GTA4 is one of them. Rockstar North's sequel is a beautiful depiction of the Big Apple, and the difference between GTA4 and its predecessors is vast.

4. Mass Effect
There are very few developers of Xbox 360 games that can compare to BioWare in the RPG space, and Mass Effect is a good example of why. It's a sweeping tale filled with excitement, action and fascinating alien races to learn about and interact with.

3. BioShock
In terms of story and art direction, BioShock hits a high-water mark for Xbox 360 games, that has yet to be equaled. While ostensibly a first-person shooter (the game offers incredible freedom when it comes to offering players creative ways to cause mayhem), it was really the extraordinary art direction and well-written dialogue that were the stars of the show.

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
This game saw the return of developer Infinity Ward, which brought with it a new level of realism and storytelling for first-person shooters. A departure from past Xbox 360 games in the series, which dealt with World War II, Call of Duty 4 takes a more contemporary approach using modern weaponry and current global crises. It also introduced perks, gameplay-enhancing bonuses that could be earned through online play

1. Fallout 3
This effort by Bethesda has silenced all but the game's most die-hard critics. Everything about Fallout 3, from the amazingly designed world to the haunting score to the slow-motion head explosions of the VATS system is top-notch. Fallout 3 is less a game to be played or a problem to be solved than an entire universe to be explored. This is THE must-have amongst all Xbox 360 games.

Last edited:

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
Very good list. I can't count all the hours spent looking for all those orbs in crackdown. and the amazing experience of climbing the agency tower then jumping down.

I have to agree with imtravis, Halo 3 was a great game, both for the campaign/co-op, and also for the multiplayer. I would take out crackdown (as much as i loved that game), Halo 3 was much better. ODST was kind of a let down for me, almost like they were just trying to pull in some more money from the franchise. Resident evil 5 was also an excellent game, but just doesn't have the impact these other games do.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i'd put MW2 ahead of MW...Halo 3 deserves a spot over Crackdown....remember,Crackdown wouldnt have been NEAR as popular if it wasn't for the HALO 3 beta invite.

(i hate Halo btw)

Firegirl

Jan 6, 2010
www.geekgods.net
Yea, I really hate Halo, but I agree it should have been on the list. The list was still pretty accurate though.

My favorite games so far were Fallout 3, Mass Effect, and BioShock. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to try to play Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2 at the same time and still make it to work everyday. So excited!

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I really hate Halo, but I agree it should have been on the list. The list was still pretty accurate though.

My favorite games so far were Fallout 3, Mass Effect, and BioShock. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to try to play Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2 at the same time and still make it to work everyday. So excited!

I agree 100% lol

Firegirl

Jan 6, 2010
www.geekgods.net
hmmm.. to round it off to a top 10, I'd throw these three in there:
*Halo 3
*Dead Rising
*Assassin's Creed

Oh, that reminds me that Dead Rising 2 is coming out this year. I really hope they took the stupid timer away. Loved the game but hated the fact you HAD to get things done on time to progress. Sometimes you just want to sit around for a few hours and try to find the most vicious way to kill a zombie....

acidbuzz3

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're talking $$$$ I am sure the gutiar hero and rock band games should be on that list.

Just in downloadable content I am sure they are makeing tons of money

M

mzman

I agree with Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Really awesome game I?ve played while.

2nikon

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Good list, cant say I disagree with it too much although im wondering where oblivion is on the list could easily take crack down's spot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty