PS4 vs. XBOX ONE

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly leaning PS4, but the choice isn't Xbone or PS4 for me, it's PS4 in 2013 or PS4 in 2014. I honestly never considered the XBone, but I've never had a 360 either, only the original Wii (regifted that badboy) and the PS3, which I love.

HeftyHank

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I am not familiar with the "Live Account" with xbox so I cannot speak for or against it. I can however say that I got one of the first PS3's (Fatboy) that came with an 80gig HD. I have never had a single problem with my PS3 other than running out of room on my HD which I replaced with a 500gig from a laptop that my ex ran over (another story, another forum) It filled up because I am a Playstation Plus member and that in itself is Free top name games, auto save of my save games and there is really too much for me to type. I can honestly say I am %100 satisfied with Sony and have already pre-ordered a PS4.

A side note: If anyone that is an actual programmer for DCUniverse Online views this post....Please stop making more DLC's and fix the damn latency issues.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope you ps4 fans all know that Sony will be charging for Internet play, I think it's 5$ a month so it still comes out to the same price as xbox live every year.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I hope you ps4 fans all know that Sony will be charging for Internet play, I think it's 5$ a month so it still comes out to the same price as xbox live every year.

Yep, but unlike Xbox live its not required for Netflix, etc.

Transmitted through spacetime.

Skudds101

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am leaning towards PS4 too, as I feel like xbox has now deviated from the course of gaming, by bringing forth the XBOX ONE which is a HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM. PS4 however are sticking with the concept of bringing gamers together and making the whole GAMING experience better! They aren't bringing out all these high tech apps and comtrol over your console. I believe a console is for 2 things: 1. Chatting with friends 2. GAMMING! who cares about browsing the web, watching online films or controlling my console with my hands, I can do most of that on my phone, tablet or pc. I am currently an Xbox 360 gamer and soon to be a PS4 gamer! I like the simplicity of the PS4 and also I do prefer the aesthetical view of the actual console its self.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Skudds101

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I just read about the whole online fee for the PS4. I have heard of that too, BUT Xbox at the moment is ?5.99 compared to PS4 ?5. Also I did hear a rumour that Xbox Libe subscription is going to increase to something like ?7.99. Dont quote me on that one as I have yet to look into that minor detail.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ps4 yall. I was a hardcore xbox fan. Had the original and the 360 but felt paying 50 bucks a year to play online was way too much. Got me a ps3 and have never looked back. I do miss the gears of war series though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ps4 yall. I was a hardcore xbox fan. Had the original and the 360 but felt paying 50 bucks a year to play online was way too much. Got me a ps3 and have never looked back. I do miss the gears of war series though.

You do know tati ps4 is charging for online play right?

And why not just get both?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You do know tati ps4 is charging for online play right?

And why not just get both?

Didn't know that but must suck if true which I doubt because then the wii u would be the only one to offer free online gaming which I doubt sony would allow.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I had all 3 systems for the last generation. Now that I am older, I really don't touch them much.

I probably will buy the PS4, main reason why is that you don't have to pay the online fee to watch Netflix. That was the one thing I hated about my Xbox this generation. No Gold Live, no Netflix.
The fact I can't do that now really irks me. At least with my PS3, I can repurpose it as just a Netflix/Blu Ray player in another room without those restrictions.

I also think that even with the backtracking Microsoft will surprise us some other rule on the XBox One.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had all 3 systems for the last generation. Now that I am older, I really don't touch them much.

I probably will buy the PS4, main reason why is that you don't have to pay the online fee to watch Netflix. That was the one thing I hated about my Xbox this generation. No Gold Live, no Netflix.
The fact I can't do that now really irks me. At least with my PS3, I can repurpose it as just a Netflix/Blu Ray player in another room without those restrictions.

I also think that even with the backtracking Microsoft will surprise us some other rule on the XBox One.

Read the post above you, Sony WILL BE charging for online play

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

But not for YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, etc. Plus, PS Plus comes with free games and discounts, all on a better system for a lower cost.

Transmitted through spacetime.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes online play only not Netflix etc. That is the thing about xbox live they charge for this other stuff but it doesn't go through there servers or uses there bandwidth
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha you can't even use Internet Explorer, an application included with windows without a gold subscription. Microsoft must be raking in the money. That's why one of the reasons I don't like them. All of the online features on my console are disabled unless I pay 60$ a year, no way jack. I just play offline now anyway since all I play is rpgs, like skyrim and fallout.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I got Fable 3 for free a couple of weeks ago (haven't played it yet). Assassins Creed II and Halo 3 are supposed to be future ones.

I had all 3 consoles last gen, but got rid of my Wii and just got rid of my PS3 (40GB fat). Never really used my PS3 beyond a BD player, Netflix and a couple of games. I never liked the controller (but did buy a third party xbox-like controller for it).

Now that I'm older I don't game as much so having all 3 consoles isn't worth it, and I'll probably just stick with the 360 for awhile and maybe pick up the One sometime in 2014. I could probably stick with the 360 for a couple of years since I'm so far behind on games, but I know my kid will want the new one. I'd buy a PS4 as well, but it's really not worth $400 to me to be able to play a couple of exclusives (I know there's more than a "couple" but for the amount I game, one console will be plenty).

I pay for Live anyways so don't care that I need it to watch Netflix....besides, I have 2 other devices that stream Netflix to my TV (a Roku box and dedicated BD player) so don't care. I can see why some do though if that's their only device and they don't pay (or don't want to pay) for the multiplayer.

As for Kinect, it makes sense they require you to buy it. That guarantees every Xbox One has it, which reduces fragmentation and will help developers if they want to use it in their games (unlike PS4 developers who will have to program around not everyone having the Eye). It'll just drive games that hopefully will use it for good uses beyond what you typically see. It just stinks that the One will be $100 more, but whatever. I'll have it for years, so $100 spread across 5-10 years isn't that big of a deal to me (assuming it lasts that long....)

I personally like the design...looks like a home theater component for adults, instead of something designed by Playschool, like the current gen systems. Maybe I'm old but I like the look since it doesn't look so much like a toy and will fit in with my receiver and other components.