Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX ONE

Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post
    Didn't know that but must suck if true which I doubt because then the wii u would be the only one to offer free online gaming which I doubt sony would allow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I had all 3 systems for the last generation. Now that I am older, I really don't touch them much.

I probably will buy the PS4, main reason why is that you don't have to pay the online fee to watch Netflix. That was the one thing I hated about my Xbox this generation. No Gold Live, no Netflix.
    The fact I can't do that now really irks me. At least with my PS3, I can repurpose it as just a Netflix/Blu Ray player in another room without those restrictions.

I also think that even with the backtracking Microsoft will surprise us some other rule on the XBox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    I had all 3 systems for the last generation. Now that I am older, I really don't touch them much.

I probably will buy the PS4, main reason why is that you don't have to pay the online fee to watch Netflix. That was the one thing I hated about my Xbox this generation. No Gold Live, no Netflix.
    The fact I can't do that now really irks me. At least with my PS3, I can repurpose it as just a Netflix/Blu Ray player in another room without those restrictions.

I also think that even with the backtracking Microsoft will surprise us some other rule on the XBox One.
    Read the post above you, Sony WILL BE charging for online play

Global Posts
    5,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post

But not for YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, etc. Plus, PS Plus comes with free games and discounts, all on a better system for a lower cost.

Transmitted through spacetime.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Yes online play only not Netflix etc. That is the thing about xbox live they charge for this other stuff but it doesn't go through there servers or uses there bandwidth
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    The Hustleman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    But not for YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, etc. Plus, PS Plus comes with free games and discounts, all on a better system for a lower cost.

I agree.

Xbox is starting the free games also.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Hahaha you can't even use Internet Explorer, an application included with windows without a gold subscription. Microsoft must be raking in the money. That's why one of the reasons I don't like them. All of the online features on my console are disabled unless I pay 60$ a year, no way jack. I just play offline now anyway since all I play is rpgs, like skyrim and fallout.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Xbox is starting the free games also.
    Yea i just heard that defense grid is free right now.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Yeah, I got Fable 3 for free a couple of weeks ago (haven't played it yet). Assassins Creed II and Halo 3 are supposed to be future ones.

I had all 3 consoles last gen, but got rid of my Wii and just got rid of my PS3 (40GB fat). Never really used my PS3 beyond a BD player, Netflix and a couple of games. I never liked the controller (but did buy a third party xbox-like controller for it).

Now that I'm older I don't game as much so having all 3 consoles isn't worth it, and I'll probably just stick with the 360 for awhile and maybe pick up the One sometime in 2014. I could probably stick with the 360 for a couple of years since I'm so far behind on games, but I know my kid will want the new one. I'd buy a PS4 as well, but it's really not worth $400 to me to be able to play a couple of exclusives (I know there's more than a "couple" but for the amount I game, one console will be plenty).

I pay for Live anyways so don't care that I need it to watch Netflix....besides, I have 2 other devices that stream Netflix to my TV (a Roku box and dedicated BD player) so don't care. I can see why some do though if that's their only device and they don't pay (or don't want to pay) for the multiplayer.

As for Kinect, it makes sense they require you to buy it. That guarantees every Xbox One has it, which reduces fragmentation and will help developers if they want to use it in their games (unlike PS4 developers who will have to program around not everyone having the Eye). It'll just drive games that hopefully will use it for good uses beyond what you typically see. It just stinks that the One will be $100 more, but whatever. I'll have it for years, so $100 spread across 5-10 years isn't that big of a deal to me (assuming it lasts that long....)

I personally like the design...looks like a home theater component for adults, instead of something designed by Playschool, like the current gen systems. Maybe I'm old but I like the look since it doesn't look so much like a toy and will fit in with my receiver and other components.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Yeah, I got Fable 3 for free a couple of weeks ago (haven't played it yet). Assassins Creed II and Halo 3 are supposed to be future ones.

I had all 3 consoles last gen, but got rid of my Wii and just got rid of my PS3 (40GB fat). Never really used my PS3 beyond a BD player, Netflix and a couple of games. I never liked the controller (but did buy a third party xbox-like controller for it).

Now that I'm older I don't game as much so having all 3 consoles isn't worth it, and I'll probably just stick with the 360 for awhile and maybe pick up the One sometime in 2014. I could probably stick with the 360 for a couple of years since I'm so far behind on games, but I know my kid will want the new one. I'd buy a PS4 as well, but it's really not worth $400 to me to be able to play a couple of exclusives (I know there's more than a "couple" but for the amount I game, one console will be plenty).

I pay for Live anyways so don't care that I need it to watch Netflix....besides, I have 2 other devices that stream Netflix to my TV (a Roku box and dedicated BD player) so don't care. I can see why some do though if that's their only device and they don't pay (or don't want to pay) for the multiplayer.

As for Kinect, it makes sense they require you to buy it. That guarantees every Xbox One has it, which reduces fragmentation and will help developers if they want to use it in their games (unlike PS4 developers who will have to program around not everyone having the Eye). It'll just drive games that hopefully will use it for good uses beyond what you typically see. It just stinks that the One will be $100 more, but whatever. I'll have it for years, so $100 spread across 5-10 years isn't that big of a deal to me (assuming it lasts that long....)

I personally like the design...looks like a home theater component for adults, instead of something designed by Playschool, like the current gen systems. Maybe I'm old but I like the look since it doesn't look so much like a toy and will fit in with my receiver and other components.
    Do you know if those free games are only for gold members? It seems like they are, even the arcade games they are offering for free. I can understand needing gold to get full games, but why need it for arcade games? That's ridiculous. I guess Microsoft is trying to help justify having to pay to use your console online.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Yea i just heard that defense grid is free right now.

The good thing about how xbox is doing it is if you stop being a live gold customer u can still keep the games you got for free, can even re-download them

With PSN, once you're not plus, it's over.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ROM
    Stock

The good thing about how xbox is doing it is if you stop being a live gold customer u can still keep the games you got for free, can even re-download them

With PSN, once you're not plus, it's over.

Although that may be true, I have heard that that xbox gives mediocre games at best for free. Is it true? I'm a bit curious about that.

The angels have the phone box

Quote Originally Posted by klokateer123 View Post
    Although that may be true, I have heard that that xbox gives mediocre games at best for free. Is it true? I'm a bit curious about that.

The angels have the phone box

Defense grid was a shocker, I didn't think it wold be fun but it's very addicting

Fable 3 I haven't played yet as I don't normally do RPG'S due to turn based combat being so terribly bad

Assassin's creed 2 isn't a bad game at all

Crackdown was a lot of fun!

Dead rising 2 is a lot of fun

I'm hearing halo 3 is coming as well.

Mediocre? Nah, not st all.

Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Not getting either for at least a year, I'm still very happy with the titles on the current gen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm going with both but I'm making Xbox One my primary system. At launch alone this is what I'm looking at:

Xbox One
    Forza 5
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty Ghosts
    Killer Instinct
    Watch Dogs

PS4
    Drive Club
    Killzone Shadow Fall

Once all of that us over I will be eagerly awaiting Titanfall.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

I've have a PS4 on pre-order since it was announced. I current have both a PS3 and a 360. I might get the XBone but it won't be for a long time.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 on top of a BeanStalk
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

PS4 for sure.. Already pre-ordered!

With all of the backtracking MS did and considering the mandatory Kinect camera (which was almost never used with my Xbox360) I will be going with PS4 - should be a perfect entertainment system for guests and for playing a few console exclusives. Only games I've preordered for PS4 are Killzone/infamous/Knack/Destiny/DriveClub. For everything else - my PC offers much better entertainment value than any of consoles (it is powerful enough to play any current game or any near future game at maximum settings), especially from financial point of view (I've saved a lot of $$$ using Steam Summer Sales, "Humble Bundle" sales or GOG.com sales).
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

I hate PC gaming. Yeah I suppose you can do all of this slapdash juryrigging to play PC games on a home theater console couch and a massive HDTV but it's a bandaid operation. Consoles were made for that. I don't want a bunch of PC parts in my home theater

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

PS4 baby.

Posted via Android Central App
    VDub2174 likes this.

Yep, but unlike Xbox live its not required for Netflix, etc.

I have to laugh every time I hear a fanboy trumpet this. If you are on AC I'm gong to assume you are tech savvy and probably have at least two other ways to access Netflix. I personally have 4 ways to access Netflix other than my 360. It's not like if you have a ONE you aren't going to be playing online, so why the complaints? Oh yea...

If you like the PS4, enjoy your system but why perpetuate BS? Both systems are going to be great. Pick which one suits you.
    The Hustleman likes this.

Global Posts
    5,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Dplymkr88#AC View Post
    I have to laugh every time I hear a fanboy trumpet this. If you are on AC I'm gong to assume you are tech savvy and probably have at least two other ways to access Netflix. I personally have 4 ways to access Netflix other than my 360. It's not like if you have a ONE you aren't going to be playing online, so why the complaints? Oh yea...

If you like the PS4, enjoy your system but why perpetuate BS? Both systems are going to be great. Pick which one suits you.
    I hardly play any games on console, so for me its just as much of a bluray, amazon instant video and Netflix player as it is a game console. I play 0 games online and so, if charged a fee for online content, it'd be a tax on media with no upside in multiplayer online play.

I'm hardly a fan boy of Sony, but in this case they're making a better system at a lower price and bundling it with lower ongoing costs (none) for me and a better philosophy on sharing than Microsoft is.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

I hardly play any games on console, so for me its just as much of a bluray, amazon instant video and Netflix player as it is a game console. I play 0 games online and so, if charged a fee for online content, it'd be a tax on media with no upside in multiplayer online play.

I'm hardly a fan boy of Sony, but in this case they're making a better system at a lower price and bundling it with lower ongoing costs (none) for me and a better philosophy on sharing than Microsoft is.

So you're concerned with value, yet you will pay 400 dollars for a console when you could very easily get a smart Blu Ray player and save yourself hundreds of dollars? Interesting.

Sony is making the better system? Good to know. I'll be glad when both systems are out so conversations like this are over.

Global Posts
    5,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Dplymkr88#AC View Post
    So you're concerned with value, yet you will pay 400 dollars for a console when you could very easily get a smart Blu Ray player and save yourself hundreds of dollars? Interesting.

Sony is making the better system? Good to know. I'll be glad when both systems are out so conversations like this are over.
    I do play some games on it, just not a lot compared to other gamers I know. With PlayStation I'm paying for exactly what I want, once. With an Xbox I'd be paying $100 more + a couple hundred more over time for the same usage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast