Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

    Default How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    I installed the 'free for 24 hrs' 'Carmageddon Promo' version of Carmageddon and now want to install it on a different device but it's not showing in my apps on Google Play and I didn't get a receipt emailed to me like I do for regular purchases.

    Any way to be able to access this later via Google Play?



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,777 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,784 Global Posts

    Default Re: How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougltc View Post
    I installed the 'free for 24 hrs' 'Carmageddon Promo' version of Carmageddon and now want to install it on a different device but it's not showing in my apps on Google Play and I didn't get a receipt emailed to me like I do for regular purchases.

    Any way to be able to access this later via Google Play?



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Are you looking on web version of My Apps in the Google Play store?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    Likely didn't get a receipt with it being free. I believe only the amazon app store does that.

    I did try the web version just to test as per RY and I can't install it on any other device. which then I assume means that if I uninstall it from my current device or switch in the future that I will have to pay.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

    Default Re: How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Are you looking on web version of My Apps in the Google Play store?
    No was looking in the Google Play app on my device...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

    Default Re: How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    Quote Originally Posted by y2whisper View Post
    Likely didn't get a receipt with it being free. I believe only the amazon app store does that.

    I did try the web version just to test as per RY and I can't install it on any other device. which then I assume means that if I uninstall it from my current device or switch in the future that I will have to pay.
    That is exactly what I was afraid of. Stupid me thought that once you 'bug's something on Google Play, you always own it and could reinstall it in the future on the same or other devices.

    NOTE my emphasis on the term buy... as this was a free item.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,777 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,784 Global Posts

    Default Re: How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougltc View Post
    No was looking in the Google Play app on my device...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Try it from the web.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How: Re-download Carmageddon promo?

    I've just looked on play store and it should be under ALL apps tab next to installed apps. I installed it then deleted it. But it's still in my list. Failing that you could always torrent it😲

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. LG G2: How bad is the UI really?
    By IdemanEric in forum LG G2
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 05:09 AM
  2. How to keep numbers from lighting up when pressed on PIN lockscreen?
    By lsmiaka in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
  3. How can I organize music on my S4?
    By Taylork64 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 10:52 AM
  4. How can I do this
    By DroBoy in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions

B