Which Smartphone for gaming? Q_Q

Andrea Simeone

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
A.S.: i apologize for my english, i'm from italy Q_Q

Hello everyone.
I am 23y old and i study engineering. I don't have a lot of free time so i gave up on playing my xbox, or playstation and so on (and that really makes me sad Q_Q).
Being my breaks really really short and uncomfortable my dream is to get a nice smartphone with a good gaming. I've been going around with my iPhone for years and i thought i could accomplish both the goals testing my first android =3 (i tried to emulate playstation on my iPhone 4 but the result was @_@ bleah).

Years ago i fell in love with the Xperia Play but i had to give up for financial problems.
Now i've got a job so my budget it's almost unlimited (that's not that i'm rich but being a single bought i would like to make it good).

Which smartphone you think i should take for gaming?
I would like to play some good GDRs (like ChronoCross, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy) but obviously there aren't any of these on the mobile store.
Just for the last reason i think that i don't really need a smartphone with the mobilestore (because there aren't any interesting GDRs for me there) but i need a good smartphone for emulating PSone games without problems! (no freezes, no lag or 0,00001 fps. Of course, i don't pretend any miracles, i just want the minimum of playability).

I thought about taking the Xperia Play for an easy reason: PHYSICAL PAD! O.O . Thinking about playing some GDRs with touch commands really make me feel bad O.O.
Anyway i think that maybe it would be reasonable to take a newer smartphone that can emulate the game better (having a better Hardware) instead of an old smartphone with a gamepad (like the xperia play) but that maybe has got a crappy hardware that would result in a crapping gaming experience.
Of course, if you know about any accessories (bluetooth or wired) that can be paired with a newer smartphone to give it a physical pad, that would be the best thing in the world xD.

So, what do you suggest me?

P.s.: please, do not suggest me something like a PSP xD. I don't want a portable console to take around. I just want a mobile phone ,being more useful and because i want to be a newborn in the android world, so that would be to pigeons with just one stone :?D

Thank you in advance for your attention!!
Andrea =3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
A.S.: i apologize for my english, i'm from italy Q_Q

Hello everyone.
I am 23y old and i study engineering. I don't have a lot of free time so i gave up on playing my xbox, or playstation and so on (and that really makes me sad Q_Q).
Being my breaks really really short and uncomfortable my dream is to get a nice smartphone with a good gaming. I've been going around with my iPhone for years and i thought i could accomplish both the goals testing my first android =3 (i tried to emulate playstation on my iPhone 4 but the result was @_@ bleah).

Years ago i fell in love with the Xperia Play but i had to give up for financial problems.
Now i've got a job so my budget it's almost unlimited (that's not that i'm rich but being a single bought i would like to make it good).

Which smartphone you think i should take for gaming?
I would like to play some good GDRs (like ChronoCross, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy) but obviously there aren't any of these on the mobile store.
Just for the last reason i think that i don't really need a smartphone with the mobilestore (because there aren't any interesting GDRs for me there) but i need a good smartphone for emulating PSone games without problems! (no freezes, no lag or 0,00001 fps. Of course, i don't pretend any miracles, i just want the minimum of playability).

I thought about taking the Xperia Play for an easy reason: PHYSICAL PAD! O.O . Thinking about playing some GDRs with touch commands really make me feel bad O.O.
Anyway i think that maybe it would be reasonable to take a newer smartphone that can emulate the game better (having a better Hardware) instead of an old smartphone with a gamepad (like the xperia play) but that maybe has got a crappy hardware that would result in a crapping gaming experience.
Of course, if you know about any accessories (bluetooth or wired) that can be paired with a newer smartphone to give it a physical pad, that would be the best thing in the world xD.

So, what do you suggest me?

P.s.: please, do not suggest me something like a PSP xD. I don't want a portable console to take around. I just want a mobile phone ,being more useful and because i want to be a newborn in the android world, so that would be to pigeons with just one stone :?D

Thank you in advance for your attention!!
Andrea =3

Welcome to Android Central :)
Really any of the newer phones have excellent processors and displays that make for great gaming. The Nexus 5, LG G2, Note 3, Xperia Z1s all have 1080p resolution and a SnapDragon 800, so you should get excellent frame rates as long as the emulators work as well as advertised. I've personally only tried a Gameboy Emulator, and that worked great on my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2