1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which Smartphone for gaming? Q_Q

A.S.: i apologize for my english, i'm from italy Q_Q

Hello everyone.
    I am 23y old and i study engineering. I don't have a lot of free time so i gave up on playing my xbox, or playstation and so on (and that really makes me sad Q_Q).
    Being my breaks really really short and uncomfortable my dream is to get a nice smartphone with a good gaming. I've been going around with my iPhone for years and i thought i could accomplish both the goals testing my first android =3 (i tried to emulate playstation on my iPhone 4 but the result was @_@ bleah).

Years ago i fell in love with the Xperia Play but i had to give up for financial problems.
    Now i've got a job so my budget it's almost unlimited (that's not that i'm rich but being a single bought i would like to make it good).

Which smartphone you think i should take for gaming?
    I would like to play some good GDRs (like ChronoCross, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy) but obviously there aren't any of these on the mobile store.
    Just for the last reason i think that i don't really need a smartphone with the mobilestore (because there aren't any interesting GDRs for me there) but i need a good smartphone for emulating PSone games without problems! (no freezes, no lag or 0,00001 fps. Of course, i don't pretend any miracles, i just want the minimum of playability).

I thought about taking the Xperia Play for an easy reason: PHYSICAL PAD! O.O . Thinking about playing some GDRs with touch commands really make me feel bad O.O.
    Anyway i think that maybe it would be reasonable to take a newer smartphone that can emulate the game better (having a better Hardware) instead of an old smartphone with a gamepad (like the xperia play) but that maybe has got a crappy hardware that would result in a crapping gaming experience.
    Of course, if you know about any accessories (bluetooth or wired) that can be paired with a newer smartphone to give it a physical pad, that would be the best thing in the world xD.

So, what do you suggest me?

P.s.: please, do not suggest me something like a PSP xD. I don't want a portable console to take around. I just want a mobile phone ,being more useful and because i want to be a newborn in the android world, so that would be to pigeons with just one stone :D

Thank you in advance for your attention!!
    Andrea =3

Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Which Smartphone for gaming? Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Simeone View Post
    A.S.: i apologize for my english, i'm from italy Q_Q

Hello everyone.
    I am 23y old and i study engineering. I don't have a lot of free time so i gave up on playing my xbox, or playstation and so on (and that really makes me sad Q_Q).
    Being my breaks really really short and uncomfortable my dream is to get a nice smartphone with a good gaming. I've been going around with my iPhone for years and i thought i could accomplish both the goals testing my first android =3 (i tried to emulate playstation on my iPhone 4 but the result was @_@ bleah).

Years ago i fell in love with the Xperia Play but i had to give up for financial problems.
    Now i've got a job so my budget it's almost unlimited (that's not that i'm rich but being a single bought i would like to make it good).

Which smartphone you think i should take for gaming?
    I would like to play some good GDRs (like ChronoCross, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy) but obviously there aren't any of these on the mobile store.
    Just for the last reason i think that i don't really need a smartphone with the mobilestore (because there aren't any interesting GDRs for me there) but i need a good smartphone for emulating PSone games without problems! (no freezes, no lag or 0,00001 fps. Of course, i don't pretend any miracles, i just want the minimum of playability).

I thought about taking the Xperia Play for an easy reason: PHYSICAL PAD! O.O . Thinking about playing some GDRs with touch commands really make me feel bad O.O.
    Anyway i think that maybe it would be reasonable to take a newer smartphone that can emulate the game better (having a better Hardware) instead of an old smartphone with a gamepad (like the xperia play) but that maybe has got a crappy hardware that would result in a crapping gaming experience.
    Of course, if you know about any accessories (bluetooth or wired) that can be paired with a newer smartphone to give it a physical pad, that would be the best thing in the world xD.

So, what do you suggest me?

P.s.: please, do not suggest me something like a PSP xD. I don't want a portable console to take around. I just want a mobile phone ,being more useful and because i want to be a newborn in the android world, so that would be to pigeons with just one stone :D

Thank you in advance for your attention!!
    Andrea =3
    Welcome to Android Central
    Really any of the newer phones have excellent processors and displays that make for great gaming. The Nexus 5, LG G2, Note 3, Xperia Z1s all have 1080p resolution and a SnapDragon 800, so you should get excellent frame rates as long as the emulators work as well as advertised. I've personally only tried a Gameboy Emulator, and that worked great on my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

The Note 3 is great for gaming. Especially with a Bluetooth Moga Controller.

Nexus 5