which things do a good game need ? Graphic or Gameplay

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Depends. Terrible graphics can be a massive turn off no matter how great the graphics are.

When I originally got BioShock Infinite for my PC I didn't look before purchasing it, and when I opened it the graphics reminded me of something from the PS2 era and I immediately regretted my purchase and the game was on my PC for a few more days until I decided to randomly search up reviews for the game online and found that it was released in 2013 and had pretty high ratings!

So I decided to give it another try and went on to the play the game, and I can tell you it was one of the best games I've ever played in my life but if they had worked on the graphics just a little bit more I would've enjoyed it slightly more.

The opinion I had on the game "Okay graphics, great gameplay" was also shared by a lot of my friends who had also played the game.

My honest opinion, I'm okay with graphics as long as they are at a level of PS3 quality or above but if the game has a bad storyline or gameplay, no matter how polished the graphics are no one will care.

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
it's true about mine craft , its graphics is simple but it's still awesome . in my opinion , I think graphics is still importan and I prefer playing a beautiful graphics game than others . Sometimes , I feel like I'm living in another world , everything looks real , it's really awesome .

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
it's true about mine craft , its graphics is simple but it's still awesome . in my opinion , I think graphics is still importan and I prefer playing a beautiful graphics game than others . Sometimes , I feel like I'm living in another world , everything looks real , it's really awesome .

Minecraft has never appealed to me, nor in terms of graphics nor gameplay.

But I do play games that have okay graphics but great gameplay, examples include Unturned and Apocalypse Rising(on ROBLOX).

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
it's good game . Like Assassin's Creed IV , awesome :)

Agreed.

Ubisoft makes some of the most well optimized games with the greatest balance between quality and a good story.

But Watch Dogs was one of their massive failures, terribly optimized and I've heard that the story is okay but not great.

anon(9135900)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
While a great story is the first thing I'm looking for in a game, I'd say it's completely optional. Plenty of really fun, really good looking games out there with irrelevant, forgettable stories. As long as the story is good enough to not be a sore thumb in the experience, it doesn't really matter how well it is crafted.
The same goes for graphics. They need to serve the purpose, be consistent and supplement the rest of the game (I wouldn't call Minecraft - "pretty", but the graphics serve the purpose really well)
Gameplay is the most important aspect, all the design choices made to deliver as pleasurable experience as possible to the end user. It doesn't matter if it's an action titles with tons of slick moves or an interactive experience about poetry, gameplay dictates everything and should be fulfilled first in games.
The best games though, have exceptional polish and balance between gameplay and story/graphics/sound design. It all just flows together.

chendofs

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Being a Libra, I believe in balance. That being said there should be at a minimum a good balance between graphics and game play... obviously I will prefer if the game has both with a cherry on top. This is a developer decision, great graphics will catch a lot of eyes and downloads by itself but bad performance will turn off many of those (specially with so many low power devices out there). So a good balance should be the best choice.

KM-Games

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
For me, the Story is irrelevant, i don`t read the dialogues and if possible skip the cutscenes. Good gameplay ist the most important thing, and if the graphics are great too, that`s even better :p

ghua

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I saw many great looking games which turned out to be bad, also saw many game that looked terrible but played very well. I think you need some balance there otherwise you will end up with no player or with bad reviews (bad gameplay)

angrynapkin

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Gameplay is important. Graphics - as long as it meets some minimum bar. I still like to go back and play games like the original UFO: Enemy Unknown

DarkStarSoftware

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Gameplay is the most important part of a game. If the game play is bad, it will annoy me and I won't play the game.
On the other hand graphics depends on what the aim is. If it's a triple A game, I would expect quality graphics and would be annoyed if I didn't get that. However if the game is meant to have simple graphics, like a lot of Indie games, then I won't mind the lesser graphics as long as the gameplay is there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca