XBox NAT trash!!! Need REAL networking help.

biggy238

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK. I'm Running the Netopia (motorola) 2210-02-1006 with a linksys E1000 behind it handling the PPPoE duties. I have the XBOX, two PC's and my phone running on the wireless N. Everything works except the Xbox, which just so happens to be hooked to the large TV.

I can't kill the NAT on either device. It just won't let me. I've tried every port forward and run-of-the-mill configuration that I can find on the net.

The first problem I've identified is that the firmware in this modem isn't what bellsouth or att have built their support articles around. If I open NAT on the modem, it reboots and when it boots up again, NAT is active again. It throws a 403 forbidden screen before rebooting.
Secondly, with the modem bridged, I can't open the NAT because when I try to specify a game service in the drop down menus, it either won't take, or the drop down is blank.

When I disable NAT on the menu on my Linksys, I lose my internet connection across the lan. I know this is because I'm not configuring the IP's i need, but I can;t find documentation on how to configure for that.

I can't stream netflix from the xbox, and occasionally i'm having the no voice communication while in game play (associated with NAT settings)

I hope someone knows how to defeat this POS.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Find your xbox's IP address (System Settings > Network Settings > Wired / Wireless (which ever one you're using) > Configure Network). It will tell you the IP address of the xbox. Then add that to "DMZ Host" by entering the router's IP address (usually 192.168.1.1) in the web browser and then working your way to finding the 'DMZ Host' section.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
P.S. that's what I did for my xbox on FiOS, so it may be a different process for you. Have you tried searching google? I did and FiOS the instructions on how to for FiOS routers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084