Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

Default Re: Bit of market research

1. Yes, but I follow the blogs
    2. Recommendations
    3. Improper controls for the platform
    4. Instructions
    5. If it is highly recommended and no free version
    6. No
    7. Single player
    8. Android market and Amazon
    9. I like Openfient but not a lot of my friends use it. I don't want to spam my Facebook
    10. Yes
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by go6 game View Post
    1. Do you find it easy to discover new apps on the Android Market?
    Directly, no.

2. Do you rely on recommendations or do you search categories to find new games?
    Based on recommendations from Android blogs. Very rarely search directly in the Market.

3. What is the most annoying problem with a new game e.g. force close, poor graphics?
    Force close.

4. Do you read the instructions on how to play or just Wing it?
    I usually run through the instructions.

5. When would you pay for a game? (Other than mobile versions of best selling PC/PSP etc games).
    When the demo was good enough and long enough to convince me that the full game is worth the money.

6. Do you play games where multiplayer involves passing the handset round?
    No.

7. Do you prefer single player or multiplayer games?
    Single player

8. Where do you download most of your games i.e. Android market, Amazon, GetJar?
    Android Market. Never used GetJar. Only use Amazon for the free app of the day (never purchased via Amazon).

9. Do you like games where you can upload your scores to Facebook or other websites?
    Not particularly. It usually just slows things down for me and I'd never give a game access to my Facebook account.

10. Do you recommend games you like to friends?
    Rarely.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    epinter's cm10 (Atrix 4G)

Somewhat, with the trending app section, or if I've heard of the app, it's obviously simple to search it

2. Do you rely on recommendations or do you search categories to find new games?
    Probably 50 / 50, I like to browse, but recommendations are were I find new apps half of the time

3. What is the most annoying problem with a new game e.g. force close, poor graphics?
    Lag, skipping, graphics. That sort of thing

Just wing it. I hate long tutorials, they’re the worse

5. When would you pay for a game? (Other than mobile versions of best selling PC/PSP etc games).
    Usually if the app is useful for me, productivity, etc. Or if I try a demo version and like it. Or if it’s the only way to allow my phone/tablet to do a ask and there’s only a paid app, that’s when I would definitely purchase the app.

I've never done that, but I would. I'm not usually around a lot of people playing games on my phone. Maybe a game where I'd pass it back and forth with my girlfriend if we were sitting around waiting for something (wasting time)

I've never really played many multiplayer games, but if it could be done well without too much lag, I think it'd be fun playing a first person shooter or something like that over the internet, like in a game on a counsel, like COD

8. Where do you download most of your games i.e. Android market, Amazon, GetJar?
    I use all those listed, market, amazon, getjar. I prefer the market, because of quick and easy updates. But I usually would go with whatever is the cheapest option of those three

9. Do you like games where you can upload your scores to Facebook or other websites?
    That wouldn't really make any difference to me either way

Definitely if it's a good game I think my friends or family would like
    Last edited by Joe H.; 01-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Thanked by:

1. I don't really browse the market for new apps. They are usually found in reviews on AC and from friends

2. Recommendations

3. Force closes and slow loading times

4. Usually I just wing it

5. I'd rather not, but if I do it has to be an addictive game with a low price point e.g. $.99

6. No

7. No preference

8. Market

9. Doesn't matter, I probably wouldn't use it

10. Yes
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Sense 4.0

- Easy enough to see what is out there, assuming that it is featured or on one of the Top Lists. Probably difficult to find the hidden gems.

- Typically rely on recommendations from blogs, twitter, etc.

- Poor Performance relating to Device incompatability. I know that this is a struggle for developers on Android, but my old Evo could not handle many of the newer games so I stopped looking.

- Typically read a brief tutorial. I come from the times when instruction manuals were a huge part of the new game experience.

- It delivered a high quality experience. I love that more developers are putting real time and effort into Android games and love to reward that with a purchase if the app is quality.

- Never have.

- Single Player

- Android Market, try to avoid other sources.

- Do not use the uploads often at all, but do not care if they are there or not.

- Yes
    Thanked by:

Yes

Mostly reviews

Market says it's incompatible with my phone (Galaxy Note)!

4. Do you read the instructions on how to play orjust Wing it?
    Always read

If I like it, and it's affordable, and paying adds more features

No

Single

8. Where do you download most of your gamesi.e. Android market, Amazon, GetJar?
    Android Market and Amazon

Not important

Only the best ones
    Thanked by:

1. Not particularly.

2. Recommendations.

3. If it doesn't work correctly, or doesn't work at all.

4. Usually just wing it. I figure the games I play should be easy enough to figure out, and if not, the more complicated games should have a tutorial.

5. Almost never -- I play free (ad-supported games) almost exclusively. However, I have paid for the additional puzzle packs for 7 Little Words, because it was that addictive!

6. Nope.

7. Single.

8. Android Market. Only from Amazon if it's the free app of the day, but I try to avoid it if possible. Don't use Getjar or any other market/site.

9. Never have, doubt I ever will. I don't mind it; I just don't do it, personally.

10. Yep!! And I rely on others to do the same.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7DX2 (beta)

1. I usually hear about new games on Android Sites, Here, Phandroid, Droid Life, Tegra Zone, Droid Gamers, etc. I browse the market for them too.
    2. Both but I usually hear about recommendations first.
    3. Crappy controls, FCs.
    4. They come with instructions?
    5. Sure, I'll pay for a good game. Actually, I don't install many free games. I tend to think that they may be lower quality or have a bunch of in-app purchases to actually play the game.
    6. Nope
    7. Single player, but I have started to play some multiplayer.
    8. Market and Amazon App store. Very occasionally, SlideMe, GetJar
    9. Yup, but not Facebook. I do like OpenFeint
    10. All The Time.
    Last edited by schaferan; 01-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    Thanked by:

YES - although, I usually browse my Webzine and internet pages and once I stumble upon an interesting app, I check it out

Both, but I do not play so much on my mobile device

.. depends on the game, but I have not tried any high-graphics-resolution game on my device yet

Try it out - and when I stumble upon a problem, read instructions

After I liked the free trial ...

Nope - not really.

Single

Android Market

Only if the game does not ask me constantly if I want to post my score onto Facebook, ask once and for the rest, leave this option in the settings section of a game - would be my choice.

Oh yes - I do.

Bonus information:
    Personally, I like those "simplistic" games, like e.g. Tiny Tower or Zoo Keeper most. They open and run nicely on any mobile device and you can stop anytime.
    Galaxy Note N7000 flashed with custom ROM by Darky's Crew
    Thanked by:
    go6 game likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

No. I don't rely on the Android Market to discover new apps. I might do a search on a type of app that I need. I will read the posted description and reviews to get started, but then I also google the App names it returns for reviews and comparisons by sites such as AndroidCentral.

Don't play many games, actually, so I might not be in your target category.

Freezing or force closes are the most annoying. I get bugged if I fail for a reason that's computer related, not my fault.

Read the instructions, as long as they're about a screen or two. More than that I do start winging it on the initial instructions.

Nostalgia. I tend to like to relax sometimes by playing simpler games I used to play for hours as a kid, like DigDug, Zelda, Mario Bros. I've been playing a little Angry Birds because I saw someone else playing it and it looked fun. (Again, I might not be your target demographic. )

No.

Single

Android Market. I say away from Amazon. The installer and the market annoy me. I used to use AppBrain.

Not a big thing for me. I tend to not populate my stream with that kind of info, unless there's something really novel or inventive that I think others should know about.

I have, but since I don't play a lot, it's not first on my mind, to be honest.
    Thanked by:

Market research continued
    Parents download around 27 apps per average for their children!!

With this in mind - I have designed ZOOSNAP
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

ZOOSNAP - 'Train your Brain - Education, Memory & Entertainment for the whole Family'!

We have designed ZOOSNAP to allow the whole family to hone their memory skills and they won't even realise it! Our memory game allows the whole family to encourage fun, communication and concentration at a touch of a button - remember the more you play, the better you will become...

Its the Easy, Interactive and a Creative way to capture memory, sound and visuals of everyone's favourite animals at the Zoo!

WHAT IS IT?
    A classic game of snap without the cards and replaced with adapted images, names and sounds allowing for great fun and increased concentration and memory skill of animals we all love to see at the Zoo!
    20 different animals are there to be discovered level by level.

WHY ZOOSNAP?
    Parents and kids can play along together, remembering to ask questions - what, why and naming as you play to increase awareness to then locate the REAL animal the next time you visit the Zoo!

INSTRUCTIONS
    The challenge is to find matching animals. You open the ZOOSNAP buttons to reveal an animal - find the same animal to reveal its sound and name - the clock is ticking...the quicker you complete the level...more animals and surprises await.

THE ADULT 'BIT'
    Recognizing, Categorizing, and Relating - Memory, is not just one of the many intellectual skills, it is the MOST IMPORTANT!!!
    A good memory is essential to success in School, Work or Play - this can develop everyone's increased ability to listen, read and understand

Global Posts
    7,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I usually find most games that I have kept the longest have had a review on AC or some other forum.I rarely just start searching for games anymore.
    recommendations
    poorly designed controls,I havent had any FCs yet .
    just wing it
    Depends on the price,and after checking out the review and any videos of the game that might be posted.
    no
    single player
    Android market
    I dont upload my scores,if the game has this feature I just overlook it so its a non issue for me
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by cheuer View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Both, but recommendations more
    3. Waiting for the game to download an extra X MB of data (instead of including it all in the Market download)
    4. Instructions
    5. When I think I'll play it more than once or twice
    6. Never.
    7. Mostly play single player, but wish there were more multiplayer online games.
    8. Android Market
    9. I like when it's an option, I don't like being forced into it just to play
    10. Definitely!

Edit: typo
    i agree

1. Relatively easy
    2. Both
    3. Force close. When you get the game and it doesnt work properly. Also when it is really slow.
    4. I never read the instructions but it is always good that they are there just in case you really dont understand how the game works.
    5. Never
    6. Sometimes if the game is good
    7. I dont mind either of them.
    8. Android market
    9. No
    10. Yes

Sent from my GT-S5830i using AC Forums mobile app
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345