Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [FREE][GAME] Hungry Slimes - Testing Thread

Version 1.7 has been released with a renovation of the user interface. In-game graphics have not changed. Please let me know how you like the new look and feel and if you have any ideas how to improve it. Also, general ideas about game are more than welcome.
    Last edited by annahid; 10-30-2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Typo
    Give Me a Kiss! is my newest game!
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I'll probably update to this and check it tomorrow. Too much going on today with the storm aftermath, lol.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Oh right! You are in Pennsylvania! How is it going? Are you OK?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: [FREE][GAME] Hungry Slimes - Info / Feature Requests

Yea, doing okay. Lotsa power outages and trees down. But, no damage or injuries here.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    annahid likes this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

What changed with the UI? Can't really tell at this point, it's been several hectic days since I played.

Also, I had a crash earlier after playing and exiting out of the game. It was strange. I selected quit, and, then it crashed. As I hit Force Close I was like, "nooooo!!" because I remembered I was supposed to report the errors for you. Sorry, will send again if it happens.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Sorry for the late reply. A few stuff has changed, for example the intro screen and the general menu theme (slightly). However, there is another version coming up tomorrow with huge changes in look-and-feel. I am just afraid it would be heavy for some phones.

By the way did you face that crash again in the game? I actually once faced it while running the next version, but since it's not installed from Play I couldn't report, and my phone wasn't connected so I couldn't debug
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Hungry Slimes has updated! The main difference is the graphics which is drastically improved (see the updated screenshots in the first post). I have done some speed improvements too, and the next update will be also focusing on that (plus a few more levels).
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I have been playing it without issue since the update. Notice the new intro screen to, very nice. I have an X2, so, not the most powerful phone, and, it is running fine. If I experience any issues, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Thank you Devin! Actually the reason I began to consider improving performance was an email I received from a guy who said the game froze and caused animation problems on Galaxy S2 quite often. I did quite a research about performance and code optimization. Turned out my code was fairly inefficient! I have applied the lessons I've learned, in the version you have, and the version that I will publish this weekend. And the guy actually didn't send an email back (as we agreed). So I assume this has been a successful move.

By the way, what's the highest level you have reached? I just want to know how urgent is it to make all 60 levels. the game has now 43.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

No problem!!

Lol, it happens. I'm a programmer too, so, I can relate.

Oh, jeez, not nearly to level 43. I don't play games on my phone very often, so, haven't tried really all that hard. Definitely don't rush on my account, lol.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Oops! Today I received an error report. Somebody hit pause, and resume again, and the game crashed. The stack trace barely shows anything though. It wasn't you was it?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Weird. No, it wasn't me. I was playing yesterday, no errors.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

The game is updated! An old bug in in-game billing which caused force-close spam is resolved.

@Devinator
    Cool! Sorry for the late reply. Been extremely busy these days. I couldn't find the reason why that happened for that guy. And nobody else ever reported that.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

No worries. That's strange that a billing issue caused it to crash. Glad you got it resolved though.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Redditors always say that the graphics is dull. I will try my best to make them happy. And they also criticized my icon and found it one of the reasons why the app is not appealing in Google Play. I have renovated the icon, while keeping the essence. 1 is the old one and 2 is the new one, which is more colorful and cartoonish.

Which one should I pick? If you have any ideas on a new icon or a combination of both, that's also welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hungry Slimes [FREE][2.2+]-148495_454156841286895_1531419183_n.png  
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: [FREE][GAME] Hungry Slimes

I think the more cartoony the better, I'm thinkin number two. Can't hurt to go with it for a while. That seems to be what catches peoples attention. Also, you could consider giving them eyes to make them seem more realistic.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

No updates for this weekend. However I would like to ask your opinion about the menu graphics of the upcoming version:

Hungry Slimes [FREE][2.2+]-screenshot_2012-11-17-02-04-47.png Hungry Slimes [FREE][2.2+]-screenshot_2012-11-17-02-01-16.png

The logo is now cartoony and the overall graphics are bright and sharp. I will upload this next weekend (most probably).
    Last edited by annahid; 11-17-2012 at 02:49 AM.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by annahid View Post
    No updates for this weekend. However I would like to ask your opinion about the menu graphics of the upcoming version:

Attachment 46855 Attachment 46856

The logo is now cartoony and the overall graphics are bright and sharp. I will upload this next weekend (most probably).
    Go into advanced and upload the pic again, it didn't work.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Oh I actually needed to add the uploaded pictures to attachments. I thought uploading alone was enough. It is showing now
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Wow, that looks great!! The only thing I can suggest is that you make the slimes look a little more cartoony, though I'm sure that'd be a lot of work. It's just that, that usually draws my attention to a game. I mean, your guys look really cool and unique, was just a thought. But, it definitely looks good.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Wow, that looks great!! The only thing I can suggest is that you make the slimes look a little more cartoony, though I'm sure that'd be a lot of work. It's just that, that usually draws my attention to a game. I mean, your guys look really cool and unique, was just a thought. But, it definitely looks good.
    Thanks! Making them just a little more cartoony was not a big deal. This week I have been working on perfecting every single bit of the user interface and I am almost done. All menus are now scroll-based, how-to-play animations are back to a separate screen with an option to disable, and in-game indicators are super-intuitive. Here is a screenshot from the game (notice the blinking TAP when you have an active instant power-up):

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Lookin good!! I look forward to the update. When do you think it will be available?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

I'm travelling right now. Otherwise I would have put it tonight. I will be back by the end of Sunday. So I guess Sunday or Monday
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Very cool, I look forward to it. Will try and remember to post feedback for you.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Hungry Slimes is updated to version 1.8.1. Please let me know of any bugs. The focus of this version is mostly on appearance.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast