Hungry Slimes [FREE][2.2+]

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Description and Download

Hungry Slimes is a physics-based time puzzle game in which you should blast enemy slimes with a slime ball. As you go on more slimes with different types, and more obstacle come in your way making the game harder. In version 1.5 we have made significant changes to the game. You can get the game here:

Google Play:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nnahid.games.hungryslimes.demo&token=DQ2SqZNq

Amazon Appstore:
Amazon.com: Hungry Slimes (Free): Appstore for Android

Screenshots

mVWjnf27oKv7TsKldM7libaiRicDOfRuNpGEldvh1n9lPhEpdztK1SE_2yzwFogMNmKf
JkYj9h_wp2dwR0JVCTh2iXNhzXs0lHPwwbQniSeZ3xZyj769TYGSpxNw_JEBXKdtHHA

What's New ( not really new any more :) )

You can now earn slime points and buy amazing stuff in the slime shop! Some of this stuff makes your game easier while others are necessary to go further into the game. Alpha feedback has been really good. Try the game and tell me how you like it (specially if you have tried the previous versions, but not necessarily). The full version comes with 500 slime points from the beginning, but if you don't want that, you can earn it yourself by playing! Because there is no other difference between the two and all the features are now included in both versions!

Last edited:

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: [GAME][2.2+] Hungry Slimes 1.5

Hungry Slimes 1.5 has been updated:

- Two new levels are added. The game has now 35 levels
- The first levels to have wind are added to the game
- Some new user-interface animations added
- Music is no longer disabled by default.
- Some known in-game bugs fixed
- Some performance improvements in the game engine
- You can now move the game to SD card.
- AZERTY keyboard added for French

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Got your PM.

Yes, I had an idea about power ups, but, I don't think it's going to work. The way I was thinking was kind of like in Arkanoid. But, your levels are too short for that probably. But, the fundamentals of the idea might be better than buying them in a shop. If you can build them into the game dynamically, rather than purchasing them in the beginning of a play through, it might be more fun.

I dunno, maybe the way you had it is good. I'm just spitballing here. Lol.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Well, actually we have two kinds of power-ups:

1) Instant power-ups: They are granted to you at random whenever you blow 3 slimes together. Each of them do one thing, for some you need to tap the screen to activate and some are just passive.
2) Perks: These are the extensions to your game. The way they work is that you select them in the shop (you need not have the slime points to select them). The choice is preserved for subsequent runs of the game. Whenever you start a game with a selected perk, if you don't have the slime points the game just runs normally. But if you do, you will be charged and the perk will be used.

I agree that the current instant power-ups are not really intuitive and actually are not enough. I have to think about them again and come up with some ideas. But perks, which you buy in the shop, are something different than power-ups. They modify your game. For example, the perk called Laser is actually a power-down in my opinion. But it is a perk. You would only need it to get the achievement.

And you are for sure not spitballing :) I like to hear your ideas.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Oh, okay, I thought I got something like that one time when I was playing, but, I couldn't be sure. I never really picked up on a lot of this stuff while playing. Maybe a couple of tutorial levels are in order.

Okay, gotcha, I'll have to mess with the perks more. I have only started three games thus far, and, those were my initial thoughts. I don't do much gaming on my phone, just here and there, so, been throwing it into the mix of games I'm checking out when I do have time.

Lols. Spitballing is just tossing ideas around. But, regardless, no problem. I'm glad to help. I'm a huge gamer myself, so, more than happy to.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

My bad. Not my mothertongue. Start throwing slangs, and I get lost! So, yea the tutorial thing is very important I guess, but I don't know how to do it to be honest (tbh I do know but it takes loads of work and I think I will be kicked out of the institute I'm working for in the meantime for not doing). Would a video describing everything be enough? I can link it in the How-to-Play screen, with a film icon, so users know they are going to watch a video with the instructions.

By the way, the new version is up at my developer console. I just need to press the button. Just need some courage :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Lol.

Lolol. Well, can't you just make it so that the first couple of levels have slimes that don't move to teach you different types of shots? Regular shot, bouncing off wall/bottom, power ups, things like that.

Yea, I mean, a video would definitely help. Interactive is better probably, but, a skippable video could be handy. Instead of linking, couldn't you just play it the first time people play, with, an option to never show again, and/or an option to skip it?

Lol. If you think it's ready, be strong, haha.

What is your native tongue by the way?

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Just did it! I will post back here with the new features as soon as it's updated on the web. OK, I will think about the interactive tutorial levels. I think that's something I have to do in the end of the day. Specially for power-ups, there is currently no other way to find out than checking the website. Maybe in the next major update I will incorporate those.

By the way, try to save me from crashes/bugs/major problems of the new version if you encounter any. Thanks.

And I speak Persian :) and in fact Annahid is the goddess of creation in Persian mythology and that's why I chose it as my developer name.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Good for you!!

Yea, sure. I always find bugs in any game I play enough, so, I'll keep an eye out.

Lol, wow, that is awesome. :D

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

@Devinator
Thanks!

And here are the new features of the version 1.6:

- The game is much smoother
- 8 new levels added to the game
- Menu animations improved
- Some bug-fixes
- You can now purchase slime points

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Very cool, I will check this out when I have time.

Also, another thing to consider, though this would be a huge game changer for you. The type of games I most enjoy are games that have a Story mode. Not saying you should insert a story into your game, rather, I like games where once you beat a level, it's complete, and, you move on to the next. Many of these games typically have between zero to three stars you can get per level, depending on how well you do, or, literally getting the three stars in the level. Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, like that.

Might be something to think of as an alternative game mode or something in the future. Just a thought. I guess the main reason is I don't like to start over from the beginning of a game each time I play, ya know?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Just downloaded 1.6 and it's not working. Crashes on launch. Tried a reboot. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

I think I have fixed it. It was working on mine which is surprising. The obfuscated code had a problem. I think it should be OK now. Well, I hope!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I think I have fixed it. It was working on mine which is surprising. The obfuscated code had a problem. I think it should be OK now. Well, I hope!

Reinstalled, still not working. :confused: I have an X2 running stock GB, just for reference. And, no, I did not move it to SD.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

You can now update to 1.6.3 and the problem shud not be there any more. Let me know if it persists. Thanks!

Edit: For the coming version, I have put animated guides which you can disable from the menu. The next weekend's update will have that.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

K, downloading now, will let you know if it works.

Hey, that's great. I look forward to checking that out.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: [FREE][GAME][2.2+] Hungry Slimes 1.5

Thats strange...
Can you please report the error? Im curious. And sorry to bother you with this. Because the game is working fine on my phone. So i need an error report to investigate.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [FREE][GAME] Hungry Slimes - Testing Thread

The only option I get is for force close. Is that where I should be seeing report?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: [FREE][GAME] Hungry Slimes - Testing Thread

Yes, usually. But dont worry. I had one of my friends send it. It is a really strange error. I think i shud ask some dev advice. Do you know where on this forum i can get one?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692