1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [FREE][GAME] Feedback Desired on Wacky, Original Game

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum.

I've spent the last 5 months developing a game called "Boxy" in my spare time. I've reached the point where I need some feedback from complete strangers on whether anyone would like to see more levels, surprises, or enhancements.

I"m not sure my description could do it justice, without sounding like a long spam, so here's the link: . Please check out the screen shots, and know that the background music, sound effects, and animation are on the same level of "bizarre" as the screen shots are.

Thanks a lot!

Default Re: [FREE][GAME] Feedback Desired on Wacky, Original Game

2 words: force close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Gave it a try on my Verizon Galaxy S3. Not so much my style to be honest. Its cool that its quirky though.

I played the first 2 levels, maybe too soon to judge but the controls weren't fluid enough to make me want to keep going. The bubble didn't do what I wanted to do.

Also, maybe I'm wrong because I quit too early but it felt as if there was no difficulty. For example I felt as if I just had to keep moving my finger and eventually the level would end.

I feel that controls need to be tweaked a lot and then you need to make the player feel like there is a goal to obtain but not mindlessly.

Def better than anything I could have done. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Galaxy Nexus S3
    Thanked by:
    brane 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Tronmech View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Wow! That was fast. I appreciate the quick reply even though it wasn't what I was expecting. I'm disappointed, since I've tested it on two physical devices (HTC Aria & Pantech Burst) and seen it work on a few others. I will have to do some research on how to discover/fix bugs on devices that I don't have access to. It might help if you can tell me the circumstances under which it crashed.

Anyway, it would be good for me to know if other devices can play it or not. Here's one of the screen shots to whet your appetites:
    Attachment 44774

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hmmm. It would be nice to know the conditions under which it crashed on this device.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Great feedback! I appreciate the details. Sounds like you only got 2/3 through the tutorial, so you didn't see the cool stuff. I neglected to explain/teach the user that the bubble can only be moved parallel to the box edges, so that may explain the lack of fluidity.

I plan to make the tutorial levels more engaging and maybe change some of the graphics for the tutorial levels to help teach the user how to move.

Thanks for playing!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I might know what was causing FCs on the two devices mentioned in this thread. It seems there might be a problem with Samsung Galaxies and the SoundPool class, and certain versions of Android. Or something like that. Here's an example: