[FREE] Johnny Hacker -- First Steps for Android Game

mikejgrecojr

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I recently started work on a game where the object is to drag a path for the character to move on. The goal is to steal a package and then return to the start position. What I am looking for is just some initial feedback. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, but for now I have been working on the general game mechanics. There are memory leaks and a lot of the textures need to be reworked.

This is my first project into the android world. I am using libgdx for the engine and I would just like to know if people think I am on the right path or should I just start over :) Thanks a lot for the feedback.

The game can be downloaded from:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mgreco.johnny_hacker

Edit 1:
Well I had a major bug which was crashing the App as soon as the Play button is pressed. Fixed!

Last edited:

mikejgrecojr

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi lemonle,

Thanks for responding!

I am familiar with A* path finding systems but I am not sure if the added complexity will fit into my design. I created a simple Way Points system where entities will travel linearly to each way point, with the options for Reversing the way points or Looping (going straight back to the beginning and starting over).

Thanks for your contribution and idea!

Once the game is in a release worthy state, I will be asking for some beta testers. I am planning on creating a beta test system where comments can be directly sent to me anytime during game execution. I will be offering some kind of monetary "bonus" for testers. I'm not sure in what form yet, maybe Amazon giftcards or just straight PayPal cash.

Also after the game has been tested and I am confident in the system I will be holding a sort of Contest. The first 10 ( not sure on a number yet) people to reach a certain level will receive some sort of monetary award, also not sure on the currency to use yet.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for your time,

Mike G.

Edit:

Just for reference the Google Play Package hasn't updated yet with the latest release. There was a bug that was crashing the game in the previous release. Once it is updated I will post to let you know.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair