PlayStation Emulator!

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Just played some FF7, using stock OS and it seemed a little choppy at certain points, going to upload skyraider or cryanogen and see if i notice an improvement on the performance

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Anyone try this out on the Evo? Let me know how it runs.

The app works good for an early release. I have got Gex, Wipeout, and Crash bandicoot2 to work so far. They all work good. Slightly a little choppy, but not to much.

I tried WWF War Zone, but it did not work. I was able to get to a wrestling match, but thats where it glitched up. It seems early games and "light" games are working now.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Anybody with an Evo running Cyanogen? I'm willing to overclock just to make it play better.
I had the authorizing purchase and I refunded before it was too late.

I'm willing to buy again, but this time I won't have the refund option... so I can't test it out myself.

joelp228#AC

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone can help me on here with this emulator, cause I emailed the dev and he has not responded.

So heres my problem: i downloaded the roms onto my computer, unzipped them and then added them onto my sd card on my phone (Nexus One). Then once i go to the 'select rom' screen on the psx4droid app, i get the notification "psx4droid is running" in my notification bar but nothing happens. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its the roms that I'm downloading from emuparadise.org

Has this happened to anyone else?

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm having similar problems. Does the ROM need to be placed in a specific file? I downloaded bin file for the PSX BIOS. But it opens it and I just get a black screen.

Edit:

Okay, here are instructions courtesy of (guess who?!) XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=734919

Worked like a charm for me. Keep in mind that the conversions will take some time (FFVII Disc 1 took me about 20 mins between unecm and copy/paste to sd card). But the ROM works fairly flawlessly. Be sure to rename them after you UNECM as they will get named data.bin. When overclocked, only the sound seems a bit off, but touchscreen response and video speed runs perfect so far.

Going to do some digging for how to setup Wiimote compatibility. Feel free to chime in if you are aware of how to set this up. Thanks!

Last edited:

joelp228#AC

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having similar problems. Does the ROM need to be placed in a specific file? I downloaded bin file for the PSX BIOS. But it opens it and I just get a black screen.

Edit:

Okay, here are instructions courtesy of (guess who?!) XDA: Step by step tutorial to getting psx4droid to work... - xda-developers

Worked like a charm for me. Keep in mind that the conversions will take some time (FFVII Disc 1 took me about 20 mins between unecm and copy/paste to sd card). But the ROM works fairly flawlessly. Be sure to rename them after you UNECM as they will get named data.bin. When overclocked, only the sound seems a bit off, but touchscreen response and video speed runs perfect so far.

Going to do some digging for how to setup Wiimote compatibility. Feel free to chime in if you are aware of how to set this up. Thanks!

Thanks alot this is exactly what i was looking for!

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
For using the Wiimote controller for those interested, you will need to download the Wiimote Controller app from the market and be using a Senseless ROM. I had to switch from BakedSnack to CyanogenMod to get it to work successfully.

Once you have it downloaded, the help section on the app tells you exactly how to get it working. Once you've connected the remote via bluetooth, you will need to open each emulator and check the box for input devices under the Settings menu. Also, be sure to go into Key Mappings as well and input which buttons (1, 2, A, Back, +, -) will control what inside the games. Then you're all set!! I got it working in PSX, SNES, GENSOID so far. I showed my brother and he just looked at his Crackberry and got depressed :)

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got it and it's working brilliantly on my Desire. Steady framerates and the controller layout is as functional as it is in SNESoid and the others. I've noticed a few minor glitches here and there, such as:

- The emulator doesn't handle speech very well. The intro in StarOcean 2 is just static.

- Most FMVs have no audio, the FF9 intro being one I've tried several times.

- The in-battle menus in FF9 are flickering. This was an issue on ePSXe in it's embryonic stages as well, so it's most likely relatively easy to sort out.

Those are the only things I've noticed so far, and it's nothing gamebreaking at all. I'm having a blast, this has given me an incentive to play all my old PSX games again. :)

RRCarter

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So I'm hoping that I can actually get this working, unfortunately I can't find my copy of FFVII and I'm feeling portions of my childhood slip away... That aside, anyone feeling generous enough to zip and send me the schp1001.bin file and the FFVII ROM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL