Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RandomNickname
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Smile Burt Destruction! (With launch weekend 50% special)

So I did some work on a platformer game that is launching this weekend called Burt Destruction (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urtDestruction). It's the surreal, somewhat insane story of a boy with a genetic disposition to turn go into a 'roid rage, his friends Bigfoot and an Intelligent-but-Depressive Dodo bird, and their work to stop the forces of Evil (a homicidal Leprechaun husband-and-wife team, a rave-throwing German Earthworm, and their leader, a malevolent Yeti) from dooming the world to a life of abject hairiness. (I said surreal and somewhat insane, didn't I?)

The gameplay is straightforward, a platformer with simple, touch-friendly controls, and yet challenging levels. Unlockables, missions/achievements, and plans for added worlds in the future. Mario-style gameplay, but in smooth, fully animated 3D.

And to celebrate the launch, the developer is putting the game on sale for half off this opening weekend! It's a nicely poilished game, and a lot of fun and replayability, so please, check it out, won't you? (Android 4.0 and up)

Last edited by RandomNickname; 02-15-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added link
    TonyLibations likes this.

Default Re: Burt Destruction! (With launch weekend 50% special)

Looks pretty cool. I'll definitely check it out.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLibations View Post
    Looks pretty cool. I'll definitely check it out.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Thanks Tony, hope you like it. Also, I added a direct link to the app page in the post above.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A bit of self-horn-tootage, a couple of remarks from people on forums on other sites:

Yes! The cut scenes rock and the game play is actually quite fantastic. I am still early in the game, but I am finding it to be pretty challenging. I have had to replay levels several times to finish them, but it stays interesting because there are multiple paths you can take amongst the platforms and some special items to find in various places. The graphics are excellent and have a lot of character and there seems to be a good variety in the voiced comments.

The game has plenty of missions and upgrades, power ups and costumes to buy using the currency you earn in-game. I am guessing the IAP is mainly for the impatient. There seems to be a bunch of levels with more coming soon. There are a total of 7 cinematics in the game as is, with most of them unlocked as you play. The game also tracks various statistics.

As already stated by metalcasket, this well worth the $2 asking price and is a bargain at the current $1 sale price.
    I can tell you that the game oozes personality (probably more than any other auto-runner), it's really gorgeous to look at, the animations are fantastic and it just feels like a cross between something you'd find on Cartoon Network, Mega Run, Beavis and ****-head, Rocky Rodent and The Simpsons Arcade Game. If you're willing to spend a buck to see if it clicks with you, by all means go ahead. I'm enjoying it a lot.
    (I'm a huge fan of the second one, since animations were my gig)

Check it out!