[FREE][2.1+] Shurican - ninja, demons, fighting, DEATH! Traps, shurikens, jumping, DEATH!

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Good day, everyone!

Pretty inactive member here, but more than willing to discuss my new Android game: Shurican! It's hard to describe without mentioning that one game, which inspired a base movement and one-finger controls, so give a glance to these moving pictures to see how it looks & plays:

DNIb0zx.gif
hirmvM1.gif

Yep, you probably guessed it right and it kind of is another flappy game, but I would love if you'd give it a play before judging it as one. I'm really trying to make it much more playable and enjoyable by adding dynamic obstacles, enemies, fighting mechanics (throwing shurikens, blocking enemy strikes, using more powerful downwards slash (tap, hold & release) to knockback imps to the spikes) and I'm working on more.

While the game is pretty hard, I'm not trying to punish players with unfair hitboxes and tight spots between obstacles. Main challenge level is completely fixed, so every play traps & enemies will be at the same positions and there are usually two ways to approach them (yay, freedom!).

Gameplay Trailer (I managed to record some crazy stuff, I won't be able to repeat again):

So, give it a try and tell me what you think!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.snoutup.shurican&token=kaFm9pAq

Aurimas (@SnoutUp)

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Good to be here! Rough start, since I didn't realize that threads have to be moderated first (that message disappeared so fast & wasn't in a place where I usually look), so got a mini hearth attack, when post was gone after taking a bit of time to write and add it all.

Shurican is pretty tough, but fair, not very punishing & has allows a bit of room for mistakes!

Welcome to Android Central! That game looks tough!

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Updated! I wrote a bit more previously, but forums ate my post, since I added a link in it...

* progress is now visible while playing challenge level
* previous deaths now marked by blood spots in challenge level
* new social sharing UI (Share demon!)
* removed in-game ads, added rare interstitials
* bug fixes and minor tweaks

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Waoh really cool! Runs very smoothly, nice simple graphics. That ad is massive on tablet device!

Thanks!

About the ad.. it's the one in front screen? It shouldn't cover anything, but I think I'm going to remove it completely anyway... Leave only those interstitials every 20 deaths (with a warning). It's not like that banner is earning me anything anyway :)

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
The banner during gameplay. I barely could see the character when near the top of the screen.

This is weird, since there is no (shouldn't be, I'm not that kind of developer) banner during gameplay. And if the banner, which is in the main page doesn't disappear, that's a serious bug, which I never got report about. What device/Android OS are you using?

EvilEntity

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
It was Nexus 7 2013 with clean rom 3.5. I went menu to endless and back few times and it didnt disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
It was Nexus 7 2013 with clean rom 3.5. I went menu to endless and back few times and it didnt disappear.

Okay, wow, that's really serious crap right there. It's a bug for sure and I'm going to remove that banner completely in the next update (I would like to add some more content before it, but I'm not sure if I manage to do that). It's not worth it to have such issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Good news! With the recent update (uploaded last week) the banner ad got completely removed. Also that update has 5 new levels and during following weeks I'm going to be adding even more of them.

SnoutUp

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Good news! With the recent update (uploaded last week) the banner ad got completely removed. Also that update has 5 new levels and during following weeks I'm going to be adding even more of them.

I didn't lie - current Shurican version has 8 new levels total and one special level, which I wanted to add a long time ago... BOSS FIGHT!

Unfortunately, I can't add a GIF of it, since I still can't post links here and even imgur URL triggers spam protection, which eats my posts. So, check the Google Play link in the main post and try to reach the boss to see it!

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I like your game. I like the gamplay (which is similar to my game, Helium Pig).
Nice artwork. Big plus is achievements / googlePlay services integration!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac