[FREE][GAME][4.*] Helium Pig

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I would like to present you my first (published) android game.

More than words, just watch the video:

Here is google play store link
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.zchira.heliumpig&hl=en&token=RFL_NITT

Shortly:

It is classic arcade/platform game with sketchy & colored graphics.
Most of graphics are drawn on the sketchbook, photographed (with my
android phone), and used for game.

There is also a classic colored mode with cartoon-style graphics (to switch between modes, go to options and (un)check "sketchy mode").

The game is finished, but I am already working on the next update which
will include googlePlay services for achievements, and polished
graphics.

Check it out, and say what do you think

sightens

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I like it very much :D the video trailer is great, this game is entertaining. level6 and 11 is frustrating. I'm still on level 11 lol

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
hmmm. Everythink looks ok. But why main hero is pig? And why it's flying? :):)

Helium pig represents ironic observation of the present day civilization and satirical view of the third world problems.
LOL. Just kidding. I don't know, dude. One day I just made some sketch of a pig and it looked like a good character for the game.
But, maybe I should think about the story behind the flying pig (helium addicted pig, radioactive helium balloons, evil genius from outer space, etc :) ).
Do you have some idea? :)

Rampkin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Helium pig represents ironic observation of the present day civilization and satirical view of the third world problems.
LOL. Just kidding. I don't know, dude. One day I just made some sketch of a pig and it looked like a good character for the game.
But, maybe I should think about the story behind the flying pig (helium addicted pig, radioactive helium balloons, evil genius from outer space, etc :) ).
Do you have some idea? :)

Maybe you should change a little graph of the pig. Add huge ears and animation of waving. And add some story about the pig. For example other pigs laught because of huge ears...

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I just released a new version!
During the day it will be available on the market!

What's new:
- 3 new levels
- googlePlay services (achievements)
- new logo for colored mode
- bugfixes

The game is great but is it possible to toggle the vibration off? It's bad for battery.

Currently you can not turn off the vibration. I'll add that option in the next update.

Johnny Gallagher

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your first published Android app.

Had a quick play, primarily because I love the title :) First feedback would be to ask, is it possible to not be asked to login at the start? I.e. can this be an option instead? Second thing I'd say is that the level choice screen has huge icons (6 per screen) - why not make these smaller and fit more in before swiping?

Gameplay wise it's nice and simple to get into, reminds me of that jetpack game. One thing I'd recommend (purely cosmetic) would be to animate the pig to show it inflating a bit when tap, to show how it's able to float up.

EDIT: Just noticed that there's no option to move the game onto the SD card. I think it's good to have this option, you can set your app to install straight to SD card if one is available too.

Last edited:

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for feedback!

Had a quick play, primarily because I love the title :) First feedback would be to ask, is it possible to not be asked to login at the start? I.e. can this be an option instead?

Good question. I was following the best practice recommendation from googleDev' site about how to implement googlePlay services.
Anyway if you click "cancel" on the login screen, you will no longer be prompted to log in. (but you can always manually connect to services from the main screen).

Second thing I'd say is that the level choice screen has huge icons (6 per screen) - why not make these smaller and fit more in before swiping?
On every 6 levels the background is changed (first six levels is farm, second winter, etc..). Six levels are one chapter. One chapter one page.
On the other side, I agree with you that having more than 6 level on 1 page would be visually nicer.

Gameplay wise it's nice and simple to get into, reminds me of that jetpack game. One thing I'd recommend (purely cosmetic) would be to animate the pig to show it inflating a bit when tap, to show how it's able to float up.
Totally agree! The problem is that I am not a designer :( and that is not a trivial task for me.

EDIT: Just noticed that there's no option to move the game onto the SD card. I think it's good to have this option, you can set your app to install straight to SD card if one is available too.
Good point! I'll implement that in some of the following updates!

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey, friends!
New version is released! In next hours it should be available to googlePlay.
What's new:
- Score and leaderboard!
- artwork improvement
- save / continue game
- move to SD card (on Johnny Gallagher's request :) )
- vibration on/of (on gtman55's request)
- and more...

To all, I dare you to beat my highscore :p

Thanks to all for your feedback

helium_pig_menu_sketchy.png

helium_pig_menu.png

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Nice game. I like black and white version. How many lvls are available now?

There are 21. levels.
There are also the achievements so you can play some levels (1, 12, 15, 19, 20, 21) in different ways! For example you can unlock some "keep your money" achievement if you complete some levels without collecting any coins.