what game engine do you use for your android game?

TobyKaos

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
My own Cross-Plateform game engine: Chaos Game Engine. (paper ball, jetpack high, multi breaker)
And I am testing Adobe Air for a new game. Really easy to build for pc, web, ios, android and black berry.

Unity, libgdx and cocos2d-x seems great but when I have started in 2007 I had to use my own tools.

mioamioa

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
We used Corona SDK, specifically the Starter Set, for our first game Messimage. For the game development itself it's very good and very easy to learn, easy ads integration as well if you want to monetize straight away. The starter option is free. However, there are some negatives to using the Starter set and also the Basic set (at $16 per month) which I have found undesirable. For starter set, no in-app purchases is supported, you'd have to get basic at least. One of the biggest negatives that I found was there was no support for Android share intent where you can share info from your app to other apps in your phone (unless you get the Enterprise set at 200/month). This is useful for social features such as sharing to Whatsapp, LINE, etc. Facebook share is supported though and for twitter you can use third party libraries.

I'm looking to shift to Unity which looks very interesting.

Total Eclipse

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Used to be Cocos2D-X and now that we're trying to make our games universal in terms of platform availability, we're porting to Unity. It's been giving us a hard time, especially when it comes to plugins, but we're getting there ;)

Laransoft

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
apache cordova :D

but cordova is ok to do simple apps that doesn't require complex graphics or animation, since it's only a WebView that loads html + css + javascript.

BTW: Unity 2D is Free?

Last edited:

lerdat

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Unity3D I like it because its all in one place 2d , 3d , ios, android, amazon , xbox, pc and more so its really easy to switch between plataforms

kyzii

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Unity 3D is good, I can play games that’s not perfectly working in other engine like these games that i currently installed (Crusaders Quest and Zenonia 4) My brother had a problem with these games. It crashes every time he'll open it.

GhostDoga

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I donno why game engines are usually one of the big question and big issues for game developers specially indie game developers.

That's not an important issue.

How many times you had problem with the game engine you were using and preferred to another one during development?
There are lots of topics you have to notice them before start choosing the game engine.