Casual games still profitable?

Joh G

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

recently, after Flappy Bird was put off Google Play Store, there were a LOT of Flappy Bird clones published to Play Store. I'm wondering if these kind of easy casual games are still profitable, considering the amount of time it takes to create them and the money you gain from banners/interstitial ads. I guess most of the games just don't get enough attention because of the enormous mass of casual games nowadays.

Are there any developers out there who can make a living out of creating casual games? Or do bigger projects equal bigger money? Need to hear some experiences about that, still not sure which dimensions to choose for the my next couple of games.

kanodhome

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
If Google Play show all app\game on store, without rating and stars, maybe big game publicated in store, now hard publish non-free big game, need marketing and not guaranteed more purchase.

Joh G

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Right, I sense that most of the gamers are just casual gamers and that larger games will have a smaller audience. But is there anyone having actual experiences about publishing bigger games? I might publish larger games on Steam only, much more profitable I guess.

kanodhome

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a real experience on Steam or is it just assumption? It is very interesting how things are going with the promotion of Steam. Or if Greenline community accept and all be good? Thanks.

kanodhome

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I ran into those (Ukraine \ Russia), a lot of people swear that there is no (few) big games on Android\iOS. But the question of whether they will pay for a normal game immediately question closed. Throughout the world, such a position? Or people willing to pay for something better than a farm?

Joh G

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just an assumption for now. Publishing via Steam Greenlight is possible for sure, but you need a community to back you up and vote for your games.