[FREE] [GAME][2.3+] Hyper Nova - Action Packed Top Down Shooter

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hyper Nova - Classic top-down Space Shooter (Shmup)

Download Hyper Nova FREE on Google Play

Hi,

I'd like to introduce you to my new game, Hyper Nova which has been published
on Google Play. It's a top-down shooter developed in Unity for android.

In a departure from many bullet hell type games, Hyper Nova gives you a large
arsenal of weapons from the start while requiring you to keep vigilant of enemy
weapons. No tiny dot in the centre of the craft to defend. The whole ship can
take damage.

Play through the Story Mode missions to earn XP. Spend the XP to upgrade your ships
capabilities (health, shields, fire rate, special weapon durations, etc.)

Features
- Remove Ads on any purchase
- 36 levels with more added over time
- Unique boss for every level
- Over 30 enemy varieties with more to come
- Challenging difficulty ramp
- Survival mode with endless waves of enemies
- Unique soundtrack for each system

screen8-Large.jpgscreen10-Large.jpg
screen11-Large.jpgscreen1-Large.jpg

---Download now FREE on Google Play---

Last edited:

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I had a little assistance with some of the 2D art, icon, logo, some of the backgrounds / planets. Apart from that, everything else is my own work. A lot of learning and figuring out along the way.

Apprentice Soft

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Very cool shooter !
The only thing is that I find the difficulty could be more balanced. The first level is very easy, as there are only rocks, but as soon as you get to the level 2, it's not the same game. And level 3, is like a nightmare. haha

Actually, I find the enemies could be a bit weaker. For example their shots could be a little slower, so we have a bit more chance to avoid them. Or the enemies vertical speed could be slower, so the player doesn't find himself with a wall of enemies at point blank.

Well, that's what I think. A very well designed shooter, but needs a bit of fine tuning.

Keep the good work !

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Very cool shooter !
The only thing is that I find the difficulty could be more balanced. The first level is very easy, as there are only rocks, but as soon as you get to the level 2, it's not the same game. And level 3, is like a nightmare. haha

Actually, I find the enemies could be a bit weaker. For example their shots could be a little slower, so we have a bit more chance to avoid them. Or the enemies vertical speed could be slower, so the player doesn't find himself with a wall of enemies at point blank.

Well, that's what I think. A very well designed shooter, but needs a bit of fine tuning.

Keep the good work !

Thanks for playing. I really appreciate the feedback. I have had a few suggestions/gripes about the difficulty ramp in the earliest missions. You do get rather powerful once you get a few upgrades going. I forget when I've been testing it myself every day for months. I'll definitely tweak the rising challenge of the first few missions in the next update and either look into slowing the enemies and their weapons down a little or else implementing a difficulty setting. Thanks again.

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Nice game, what makes it stand out from the crowd in your opinion?

Thanks, and good question. I've seen a lot of similar games on Google Play that seem to be just the Unity Shooter tutorial with a few minor changes and uploaded. I wanted to provide a decent amount of content and enough variety in the enemies over the course of the story mode to keep the player having to adapt to new fire patterns or enemy weapon strengths. I think one thing that sets it apart from a lot of games of the same genre is the amount of weapons available from the beginning. In general, I think there's quite a lot of content/playtime there (with more on the way) for something done as a solo project.