Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default ***** SkyDroid

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I'm actually the developer of SkyDroid. So I wanted to spread the word. We're only charging 99 cents right now for SkyDroid.

We are still building our course list, but we have a tool online where users can map any course and then download it to the app. So we've given people the resources to get GPS for any golf course in the world for 99 cents. We're getting 10-15 new courses a day added to our system by users.

The app gives you distances to the Front, Center and Back of every green as well as distances to features that have been mapped like bunkers, water hazards and target points.

You can also get satellite view of any hole you are playing and get distance to ANY point on the satellite map even if it hasn't been mapped already.

Let me know if you have questions.

Paul G.
    paul@skydroid.net
    Paul:
    I am new to the android world but mapped a course I was familiar with in 15 min. I can't believe how easy it. Well done!!!!

Used SkyDroid last weekend, it rocks

I've just bought a Creative ZEN Touch 2 and would like to install SkyDroid but is told that my account don't have a phone registered. That is true I don't have an android phone, but my Touch 2 is running android 2.2. How Can I buy SkyDroid?

I use Golflogix on my Thunderbolt, I like it a lot except for I don't know why it chances the display settings to whatever you have it set to, to always be on, which would probably explain the poor battery performance, since the display is a huge battery drainer. If you either set the display settings to something else or remember to turn off the display after you get the distance you need it seems to last for a full round. I like the stat charting of the program and that it saves your info in the "cloud". Haven't tried any others but am considering skydroid after so many mentions of it here.

Default Re: SkyDroid Golf : GPS for Android Phones

I have been using SkyDroid for quite a while. Great app! A friend with a $30 golf app(on an iPhone) and I were standing next to a 150 yard marker on a course and his showed 128 yards and mine showed 149! LOL! I have tried a lot of them and like this the best...Skydroid is available for iPhone as well, FWIW
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Default Re: SkyDroid Golf : GPS for Android Phones

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I'm actually the developer of SkyDroid. So I wanted to spread the word. We're only charging 99 cents right now for SkyDroid.
    Click to view quoted image

We are still building our course list, but we have a tool online where users can map any course and then download it to the app. So we've given people the resources to get GPS for any golf course in the world for 99 cents. We're getting 10-15 new courses a day added to our system by users.

The app gives you distances to the Front, Center and Back of every green as well as distances to features that have been mapped like bunkers, water hazards and target points.

You can also get satellite view of any hole you are playing and get distance to ANY point on the satellite map even if it hasn't been mapped already.

Let me know if you have questions.

Paul G.
    paul@skydroid.net
    Thanks Paul G. I've been using SkyDroid for as long as I can remember. I tried another highly rated app, but it wasn't as accurate or as easy to use. This is the best! I don't remember what I paid for it back then, but I think it was $0.99. It's listed for $1.99 now. Whatever the price, it's worth it. I've used it on every course I've played, even when the carts have GPS installed. Guess what. Accurate. And I can carry it right to my ball. So, if you're looking for perfect, SkyDroid is it!

Default Re: Golf GPS App

Quote Originally Posted by theswami View Post
    Are there Golf GPS apps available on Android?
    "Golf GPS scorecard". And there it is. Thanks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.andrewwang

AndrewWang1: Golf GPS Scorecard - Benefit, Function and Help

Default Re: Golf GPS App

Does anyone know if there is a GPS golf app that allows you to download satellite images of courses to your device (I have a tablet - google nexus 7) while you are online (via wireless), and then use that app while offline (no 3G, no wireless)? It seems like an app like this should exist. The tablet has a GPS receiver, so if it had pre-loaded maps on the device it should be able to give you locations and calculate distances on that map. But from my search of various apps it seems like they all need 3G. Does anyone know of an app that has this feature?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123