Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    theswami's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

    Default Golf GPS App

    Are there Golf GPS apps available on Android?
  2. #2  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    theswami's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

    Default

    I use the GolfLogix GPS-8 and considering buying the software for the Storm (used it during the trial).

    Just called the guys at golfgps.com. They say development for Android is in the works but no ETA. They are currently working on TP2 software. Anyway, I love the device and software so if any of you with Android are interested in the software, I suggest giving them a call so we can nudge up Android implementation. I do not have a Hero just yet but I am thinking it is on the horizon for me if it can get ActiveSync with Exchange correct. I would hate to be without GPS for golf if I do make the switch.
  4. #4  
    ScootD's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default

    I think this one costs $8 but it looks pretty nice.

    www_senygma_com/GolfCard/Home_html (sorry for the broken link but it's my first post)

    I'm still on BB but am seriously thinking of switching once I can get out of my current phone (about a month). On blackberry I use www_bbgpsgolf_com, which is completely free but it's only for crackberries.
  5. #5  

    Default SkyDroid Golf : GPS for Android Phones

    I'm actually the developer of SkyDroid. So I wanted to spread the word. We're only charging 99 cents right now for SkyDroid.

    We are still building our course list, but we have a tool online where users can map any course and then download it to the app. So we've given people the resources to get GPS for any golf course in the world for 99 cents. We're getting 10-15 new courses a day added to our system by users.

    The app gives you distances to the Front, Center and Back of every green as well as distances to features that have been mapped like bunkers, water hazards and target points.

    You can also get satellite view of any hole you are playing and get distance to ANY point on the satellite map even if it hasn't been mapped already.

    Let me know if you have questions.

    Paul G.
    paul@skydroid.net
    Last edited by PaulG; 02-06-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added images
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela and dozx like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Golf GPS app

    I recommend GPSCaddy. There's a free trial version and the paid version is a one-off cost of about $20. It's specially designed for Android phones and has great graphics of the hole you're playing. Excellent support too - they'll quickly map your local course if the map's not already available.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Keep an eye on How Far Am I? - GPS Golf Application for Android

    Its made by the person who did -> BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone for blackberry which is a really nice app.
  8. #8  

    Default

    So Golf Logix is now available for the Droid but no other android phone. So I made the attempt and downloaded it and works perfect. I have the MyTouch 3G. so i'm sure it would work on other android phones as well.
  9. #9  
    ChuckG73's Avatar

    Posts
    1,184 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I have used a lot of other GPS Golf programs so I am going to list them and a little about each.

    BBGPSGolf: The best overall golf gps app I used. It was all text based, free, and the one I used more often then any other while I was using BB's.

    GolfLogix: Great graphics, good gps and info, killed my battery and never got through a round even when starting with a full charge on my BB storm 2. I have downloaded the version for android on my eris and have not tried it yet.

    Intelligolf: Was my standard app for years on my BB until I started using BBGPSGolf. Great for keeping score and side games. Has GPS but not many course were mapped.

    AccelGolf: Used a couple of times and liked it but did not like the rangefinder feature, cool score keeping method though. You tap letters for each shot, D for drive, P for pitch etc..... I am looking forward top trying their 2.0 version wehn it comes out.

    GolfCard: Bought it and set it up to use and then the course was not mapped for GPS. Upgraded my eris to 2.1 and it no longer is in the market place....

    HowFarAmI: From Justin, the same guy that made BBGPSGolf. Tells you how far you are from the center. Nice but basic. Granted it is free and I am looking forward to what his paid version will have. If it is something like a meld of his two programs then this could be the best.

    NRange: Seemed no better than HowFarAmI and looked more cluttered on the screen.

    I am looking for a go to program like I had with BBGPSGolf. I do not like range finders if I have to pick where I am on the hole. I like the features of BBGPSGolf and Golf Logix that mapped the entire hole and gave yardages for clearing sand traps etc.... I loved the side games scoring in Intelligolf, had some many games and tracked money etc. Accelgolf is pretty cool and ties stats and scores to webpage.

    Overall, I am looking for a strong scoring and gps golf app that does not drain the battery. I like to keep the scores for everyone in our group and loved the desktop version of intelligolf that stored all the scores and calculated handicap etc. I also like the ability to track shots like in Accelgolf, BBGPSGolf and golflogix. I want it all in one solid app. If you know of one that is out there let me know.

    Thanks and sorry for rambling on, hope I helped inform and maybe we can trade ideas and get Justin to build the best golf app ever for android......
    Last edited by ChuckG73; 03-05-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
  10. #10  

    Default Golf instructional app

    I am the developer of a just launched Android app for all smartphones. I think its the first one for android . Having a very succesful run on iPhone If you are interested, check out GOLF LIKE A TOUR PRO under lifestyle. It may be a perfect companion for your gps
  11. #11  

    Default GolfLogix on the ERIS

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I have used a lot of other GPS Golf programs so I am going to list them and a little about each.

    BBGPSGolf: The best overall golf gps app I used. It was all text based, free, and the one I used more often then any other while I was using BB's.

    GolfLogix: Great graphics, good gps and info, killed my battery and never got through a round even when starting with a full charge on my BB storm 2. I have downloaded the version for android on my eris and have not tried it yet.

    Intelligolf: Was my standard app for years on my BB until I started using BBGPSGolf. Great for keeping score and side games. Has GPS but not many course were mapped.

    AccelGolf: Used a couple of times and liked it but did not like the rangefinder feature, cool score keeping method though. You tap letters for each shot, D for drive, P for pitch etc..... I am looking forward top trying their 2.0 version wehn it comes out.

    GolfCard: Bought it and set it up to use and then the course was not mapped for GPS. Upgraded my eris to 2.1 and it no longer is in the market place....

    HowFarAmI: From Justin, the same guy that made BBGPSGolf. Tells you how far you are from the center. Nice but basic. Granted it is free and I am looking forward to what his paid version will have. If it is something like a meld of his two programs then this could be the best.

    NRange: Seemed no better than HowFarAmI and looked more cluttered on the screen.

    I am looking for a go to program like I had with BBGPSGolf. I do not like range finders if I have to pick where I am on the hole. I like the features of BBGPSGolf and Golf Logix that mapped the entire hole and gave yardages for clearing sand traps etc.... I loved the side games scoring in Intelligolf, had some many games and tracked money etc. Accelgolf is pretty cool and ties stats and scores to webpage.

    Overall, I am looking for a strong scoring and gps golf app that does not drain the battery. I like to keep the scores for everyone in our group and loved the desktop version of intelligolf that stored all the scores and calculated handicap etc. I also like the ability to track shots like in Accelgolf, BBGPSGolf and golflogix. I want it all in one solid app. If you know of one that is out there let me know.

    Thanks and sorry for rambling on, hope I helped inform and maybe we can trade ideas and get Justin to build the best golf app ever for android......
    Could you post the results for the ERIS when you try it out.
  12. #12  
    CDH
    CDH is offline
    CDH's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts

    Default

    I have used several and like the golflogix app. Not free but works great.
  13. #13  

    Default

    The SkyDroid app is pretty nice. I like that I can add a course and customize water hazards and points to try to hit too. Very simple and you can map a course in less that 5 minutes.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I have used a lot of other GPS Golf programs so I am going to list them and a little about each.

    BBGPSGolf: The best overall golf gps app I used. It was all text based, free, and the one I used more often then any other while I was using BB's.

    GolfLogix: Great graphics, good gps and info, killed my battery and never got through a round even when starting with a full charge on my BB storm 2. I have downloaded the version for android on my eris and have not tried it yet.

    Intelligolf: Was my standard app for years on my BB until I started using BBGPSGolf. Great for keeping score and side games. Has GPS but not many course were mapped.

    AccelGolf: Used a couple of times and liked it but did not like the rangefinder feature, cool score keeping method though. You tap letters for each shot, D for drive, P for pitch etc..... I am looking forward top trying their 2.0 version wehn it comes out.

    GolfCard: Bought it and set it up to use and then the course was not mapped for GPS. Upgraded my eris to 2.1 and it no longer is in the market place....

    HowFarAmI: From Justin, the same guy that made BBGPSGolf. Tells you how far you are from the center. Nice but basic. Granted it is free and I am looking forward to what his paid version will have. If it is something like a meld of his two programs then this could be the best.

    NRange: Seemed no better than HowFarAmI and looked more cluttered on the screen.

    I am looking for a go to program like I had with BBGPSGolf. I do not like range finders if I have to pick where I am on the hole. I like the features of BBGPSGolf and Golf Logix that mapped the entire hole and gave yardages for clearing sand traps etc.... I loved the side games scoring in Intelligolf, had some many games and tracked money etc. Accelgolf is pretty cool and ties stats and scores to webpage.

    Overall, I am looking for a strong scoring and gps golf app that does not drain the battery. I like to keep the scores for everyone in our group and loved the desktop version of intelligolf that stored all the scores and calculated handicap etc. I also like the ability to track shots like in Accelgolf, BBGPSGolf and golflogix. I want it all in one solid app. If you know of one that is out there let me know.

    Thanks and sorry for rambling on, hope I helped inform and maybe we can trade ideas and get Justin to build the best golf app ever for android......
    Thanks... I will do my best!
  15. #15  
    schnergun's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Frozen 1.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I'm actually the developer of SkyDroid. So I wanted to spread the word. We're only charging 99 cents right now for SkyDroid.

    We are still building our course list, but we have a tool online where users can map any course and then download it to the app. So we've given people the resources to get GPS for any golf course in the world for 99 cents. We're getting 10-15 new courses a day added to our system by users.

    The app gives you distances to the Front, Center and Back of every green as well as distances to features that have been mapped like bunkers, water hazards and target points.

    You can also get satellite view of any hole you are playing and get distance to ANY point on the satellite map even if it hasn't been mapped already.

    Let me know if you have questions.

    Paul G.
    paul@skydroid.net
    I download your app! Ill let you know what I think. I had to map my course and will be going sunday!
  16. #16  
    ChuckG73's Avatar

    Posts
    1,184 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbanning View Post
    Could you post the results for the ERIS when you try it out.
    I am playing today and planning on using it for the 1st time. They just upgraded the software and so we will see how it works. I also have AccelGolf and HowFarAmI installed and am playing 3-4 times this weekend an will try each one out. Will give an update on Monday.
  17. #17  

    Post Score+GPS

    I would like an app that does GPS and keep score... And I LOVE the ability to edit courses myself like in SkyDroid. When will we be able to keep score in that, Paul?
    I'm buying an app soon and would like it to log my progress. It would be great to be able to go back and see where I hit for each shot both on the phone and on the computer... Maybe I need to develop my own if I want all that instead of pestering you

    Anyone try any of these? Please let us know.


    Thanks!
    Last edited by Lovin_The_Droid; 04-27-2010 at 11:20 AM.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Just in case anybody happens to come across this and wonders, if you use the GolfLogix app and are coming from a different device, in may case Blackberry, you can transfer you account but make sure you use Droid as new device and not the Eris. From what I can tell so far it worked like a charm.

    On another note, Golf Logix app will kick the crap out of your battery big time.
  19. #19  
    NVR2ND's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default

    I am trying golf logix on my incredible. Hope it goes well using the droid option
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2ND View Post
    I am trying golf logix on my incredible. Hope it goes well using the droid option
    I know the program will find courses, make sure battery is at full charge or you won't make it through the round. I won't be playing until tomorrow and I highly doubt it will survive 18 holes with the standard battery for the Incredible. My blackberry had the Seido 2600mAh and a round would go through 50% in a round, perhaps not keeping track of stats might save a bit but probably not much.
  21. #21  
    NVR2ND's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlas9171 View Post
    I know the program will find courses, make sure battery is at full charge or you won't make it through the round. I won't be playing until tomorrow and I highly doubt it will survive 18 holes with the standard battery for the Incredible. My blackberry had the Seido 2600mAh and a round would go through 50% in a round, perhaps not keeping track of stats might save a bit but probably not much.
    I just got the 1750mah seidio battery. So I hope I make it through a round. Thanks for the info though, I just hope the GPS works for where I hit the ball
  22. #22  

    Default

    Whats the deal with Apps that use oobgolf. Like GolfCard.

    It says 40,000 courses in the description on the Android market. This is so far from the truth. It really only has just over 11,340 mapped. (Courses with GPS Mapping)

    I don't care if a course is in your database, I want to know if its mapped...

    Any apps that have lots of courses mapped like GolfLogix, but are free and not a battery drain?
  23. #23  
    robwilson's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default

    I just downloaded Golflogix to my Incredible and it works great!
  24. #24  
    NVR2ND's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robwilson View Post
    I just downloaded Golflogix to my Incredible and it works great!
    Golflogix seems to be the best one, so far. I havent had time to get out and golf with it on my incredible, but it worked great on my tour.
  25. #25  

    Default

    I used the BB version of TeeDroid for most of last year, and I liked it a lot.

    Haven't yet tried the Android version yet, but I would imagine that it's pretty good. Take a look.

    - Mark
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions