$74 ICS on a Stick (AK Android 4.0 Mini PC)

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So I ordered one of the little ICS on a stick thingies from China as soon as I read about it on the twitter. It arrived today and I must say it's pretty stinking cool.

It has wifi bgn, a full sized usb port, a mini usb port, a full sized hdmi out (hdmi cable included) a micro sd card slot, and a proprietary power cord and jack. 1.5(?)ghz processor, 512 Mb ram and about 3gb of usable storage. It runs android 4.0.3 and comes preloaded with the android market (which changes to the play store after you click it).

It doesn't have bluetooth and the wierdest thing is that it comes with absolutely no way to interact with it. No touchscreen, no mouse, no keyboard, no remote. The good news is that I plugged in a usb mouse and it immediately worked, same with a usb keyboard and later with a wireless mouse. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a wireless keyboard.

The little thing pretty much works flawlessly and maybe I'm wrong but it seems to be rooted right out of the box. I'm no expert but rom manager, root explorer and titanium backup all seem to be working.

I've downloaded apps from the playstore and sideloaded some through airdroid. seesmic, airdroid, angry birds, google music, pandora, quick office, docs to go, dropbox, google voice, plex, and so on all working just great. Angry birds is pretty cool on a 60" hdtv. strange thing is, so far i can't get facebook to work.

I can answer questions or upload some pics or something if anyone is interested.

Reactions: thenameisnigel

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Here are a couple of screenshots. You can't really tell from the screenshots but this is on a 60 inch tv.

Rom manager gives me the option to flash clockworkmod recovery. I want to do it but it will probably brick my mk802.

rjkopper

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Excellent on the screenshots! I'm eager now to get one specifically for use on my hdtv as well now.. Curious as to whether some of the apps like hbo go work well on the device?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Elindric

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get a bluetooth dongle working on this thing yet? I've got netflix up and running, so all I need is a way to control it wirelessly.

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This appears to be the same device Amazon is selling here.

Basically, it turns your TV into a giant tablet, minus the touch capability.

I really want one of these but quality seems to be hit and miss.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey