Ouya-android compatability-get your hack on!

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited about this. easy to root,take apart/hack but what I wonder is what wont it do that the most androids do?

Even though its not released yet we should hack it and I guess the development team supports this?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly it will have a touch screen in the controller and will be completely open source based n android platform
Thing that bothers me is tnis whole war on piracy makes me think that there wont be much support from the major names
I know ea, namco/bandai, and square have gotten into the android area lately but ehh i just cant see spendng my money on this other than as an easy port to my tv for things like snesoid or gameboid form yongzh. Idk

Sent from my K1 using Android Central Forums

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I read an article in gameinforner on this. Its got the same quad core processor that's in a newer tablet. I think its gonna be more like a indy game counsel. As far as hacking goes it could be pretty fun but what really are going to be the benefits? We can do it all via phone now.. all in all sounds ok but I'll wait for the new Xbox with unreal 4 engine. Graphics look sick!

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I read an article in gameinforner on this. Its got the same quad core processor that's in a newer tablet. I think its gonna be more like a indy game counsel. As far as hacking goes it could be pretty fun but what really are going to be the benefits? We can do it all via phone now.. all in all sounds ok but I'll wait for the new Xbox with unreal 4 engine. Graphics look sick!

I agree with your statement but it'll only be that way in its infancy if it succeeds imagine ouya2 on par with ps3+ but with all the open source goodies and half or less the price
I for one would love to see open source trash big money in any arena
But its up to us to make it happen
Plus the android family will grow enableing intergration and increasing Development across all android devices

Imagine playing a game at home then continuing it somewhere else on your phone
That would be bada$$

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums