- 8 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
CVS 7" Android tablet/netbook?
My dad is asking me about this crappy-looking $99 '7 Android Touch Screen Netbook/Tablet' that was listed in a CVS flyer:
Check out the CVS Weekly Ad for this week
There are no specs on the flyer, other than it looks like it lists the brand as "WOW!" and claims to have a built-in camera. Searching their site comes up with this (- CVS pharmacy) which is the exact same product image, but lists it as "CrystalView XT Android 2.3, 7" Swivel Netbook Tablet" with no mention of a camera or "WOW!" branding.
Does anyone have any idea what brand and model this thing might be or what the heck it is? Seems like it wouldn't be good for much and I'm not sure what he's wanting to do with it but it seems like he'd be better off with the cheap Nexus 7 or a Kindle Fire or a cheap Windows netbook.
- 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM #2
Re: CVS 7" Android tablet/netbook?
Yes I would be a bit cautious here.. Most if not all of these off brand, knock off tabs/devices are exactly that... Wanna be knock offs and aren't worth the money. They have little or no support, upgrade issues and other headaches.
Not to mention if what you have found is true about running Android 2.3 "Gingerbread", then your talking about an OS that is far behind from the current OS which is either Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) or Android 4.1.x (Jellybean) depending on the device.
As the old saying goes you get what you pay for...
- 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM #3
- By rugbyua9 in forum Other TabletsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-23-2011, 11:43 PM
- By jimmyt#AC in forum Other TabletsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-18-2010, 10:49 PM
- By bmoore in forum Other TabletsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
- By jfultz14976 in forum Misc. Android TabletsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM
- By bmoore in forum Dell StreakReplies: 2Last Post: 05-25-2010, 10:13 PM