Dropbox storage

jeffkinn

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the camera syncing with Dropbox. Is there any way of setting the cloud storage to save on the external memory card rather than the phone's internal memory? Any help much appreciated.

Progrmmr

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When you take a picture with the camera app, the picture is stored wherever you told the camera app to store it to (change it by going to the gear icon on the camera, and changing storage location to external SD)
When you use the dropbox app, it doesn't actually save the data to your device. Every time you open the program, it downloads a list of what you have on there. It only downloads when you tell it to save a file (you can press the star icon to have it always keep that file on your device so you aren't limited to where you have a data connection)
If you want to download a file manually from dropbox, find the file you want, and long press it. Select export, and right at the top of the menu that pops up is "save to SD card."
So basically, Dropbox is smart enough to know you probably don't want to bloat your device downloading everything to it, but you can always download stuff at your own leisure.

jeffkinn

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I wish you were correct in this but you are not. The photos from Dropbox are on the camera's internal SD card in a folder called cloudagent. I now have to assume that there is no way to change this default storage which is very poor.

Luke Hayes

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

just picked up my new Galaxy Camera. I have installed Lapse It, a time lapse app. I want to auto upload every image as it is taken to Dropbox. It works fine with normal pictures, they upload straight away, but the time lapse images won't. Is it because they are stored in a different location? Anyone any ideas ass I bought this camera specifically for this purpose. many Thanks.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy Camera today, a French unlocked model via Daily Steals. When I inserted a 32GB microSD card into the camera and booted it up, it detected the memory card and asked me if I wanted to change the camera picture storage location to the mSD card, which I said "OK". During setup I also got a Dropbox signin screen saying I was going to get 50 GB of storage; I logged in (I love auto uploads of my photos to Dropbox), but on my PC when it said my storage had been increased I only got an additional 5GB (not 50), to 28.8GB total - is there a cap for existing users?

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, finally found the "gear" setting in the camera - in the app, press the arrow icon at the top left corner, it will expand and besides the additional settings that show up the arrow now turns into a "gear"; press that and you'll get a menu with "Camera", "Share", and "General" settings screens. You can change the photo size and aspect ratio in "Camera", and turn on GPS tag and Storage location (memory card, device) in "General". Surprised GPS wasn't on by default, given this is a "connected" camera, but I guess that's a privacy option thing.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
One more note about settings: if you want to fully utilize the image sensor's maximum resolution, you should set your aspect ratio to 4:3, otherwise the "wide screen" 16:9 photos will actually crop the picture. The sensor's max resolution in 4:3 mode is 4608 x 3456, whereas the 16:9 ratio's max resolution is 4608 x 2592.

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Get Drop Sync Pro from the Play Store. It is awesome and lets you sync what you want and put iy where you want.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463