Transfer Photos Directly to a Mac by WiFi

Eric Robertson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons I bought this camera was because it had WiFi and I hoped this would allow me to transfer photos directly from it to my Mac. I see that I can do this via Dropbox, which is good, but I wondered if there was any way of transferring them directly into the Mac by WiFi. I did note that this can be done by USB using the Android File Transfer utility, which I've tried out.

Claghorn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of apps that support Wi-Fi file transfers. I use File Expert where one of the many options brings up a web server on the camera and lets you download files with a web browser, others have recommended ES File Explorer. I've also written a silly app as a learning exercise that I actually do use: UpWithPhp (but you have to run a web server on your system for it to talk to, so it isn't exactly convenient unless you are already running a web server anyway).

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Your can install apps on the camera from the play store, right? Then try Wi-Fi explorer. Works perfectly as you use a browser to log into the device then grab files off of it. Works great for my phone and it doesn't matter what os the computer is using

Eric Robertson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Claghorn. Sorry for the delay in replying - although I did have notifications set I didn't get an email and I've just come back onto the site.

I did install Kies for Mac as it seemed this would be the solution. However while I can get it to connect by USB it refuses to recognise the Galaxy by WiFi. I've downloaded the two apps you mention (the basic, free, versions) but I've not yet worked out how the transfer works - this is my fist experience with an Android device and I'm still feeling my way!

Eric Robertson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Your can install apps on the camera from the play store, right? Then try Wi-Fi explorer. Works perfectly as you use a browser to log into the device then grab files off of it. Works great for my phone and it doesn't matter what os the computer is using
Thanks for the reply - you'll see from my other postings I've just come across these.

I'll see if I can get the one of the other two suggestions to work first and then I'll try your one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2