Can't Access Files on Micro SD Card: Phone nor computer sees / recognizes a card.

roseuz

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I really hope someone can help me with this.

Short version of the problem:

I have an 8GB micro sd card, class 2, that my Samsung Dart doesn't see / recognize / mount. It says to insert the card, but no matter how many times I do, it doesn't know a card is there.
I have the same problem when viewing it on a computer either via the usb cord and the phone or when inserting it into a micro sd card adapter. For the latter, nothing happens. The computer doesn't even know that an adapter was inserted.

Longer version of the story:

I was getting ready to do that procedure with the phone and memory card where the phone thinks the memory card is internal memory. In preparation, I wanted to back up everything on the card by copying the files over to my eternal drive. I connected the phone to my computer and started copying all of the files on the micro sd card. I got a message on my computer about a file or directory that wouldn't copy. I think I got a 2nd one of this message. I tried to copy the files again, but opening files and folders on my computer was practically impossible as everything was sluggish. Opening and closing tabs on firefox worked fine. Explorer crashed a few times and it would restart when I would use the end now option, other times I had to restart it when I would "kill" it through Task Manager. (This is being done on a Windows XP computer.) Getting to files and folders was still impossible, so I restarted my computer. I believe at this point the usb cable was still connected to the phone.

At some point I disconnected the cable. It might have been during the beginning of the restart. Also, at some point around this time, my phone was showing an icon of a stick diagonally across the picture of a memory card. There was a message of something about the card is blank and if I would like to format it. I said no.

I have turned the phone on and off several times with and without the card in it, re-inserted it with the phone on and also with it off, but it just won't see the card. When the phone starts up with the card in it, it does the media scanning, but it quickly goes to 100%.

As I said in the shorter version of this problem, when I put the card in a micro sd adapter and put them in the computer, the computer doesn't even recognize that a micro sd card is inserted. So, I can't even use any kind of recovery software.

The only thing that I can think of is to try to open the card on another computer (which I don't have nor know anyone that does) or via a usb micro-sd card adapter (which I don't have but I can order.)

Does anyone else have any ideas? I really would like to get the information from this card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay