- 5 Posts
d2 tablet aftermarket chargers?
I have 3 different d2 tablets. One is the old d2-tab wide screen, one is a newer model 721 non wide screen (3:4 I think) and one is the 912 9" (the other 2 are 7"). According to to d2, all d2 tablets use the same charger. 2 of them will charge through usb but the model 721 will not. I'm trying to find a generic charger for the 721 (car charger or much more preferable, just a usb to power cable). Does anyone know if this is a standard plug? So far as I can tell it might be a standard 2.5mm plug (there is still the issue of polarity). Even knowing other brand devices that use the same plug if any would be usefull to know so I can try to find a usb - 2.5mm or whatever charge cable.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On a side note. I have a couple of old sylvania sytab7mx tablets and my wife accidentally plugged one of the d2 tablets into its charger. It actually seemed to charge fine but I immediately unplugged it to be safe. It has the same 5v rating and the same polarity (center pin is +). Thats one thing that makes me think its just a standard plug.
- 08-07-2013, 11:35 AM #2
Re: d2 tablet aftermarket chargers?
You should check the manufacturer website, as the cords CAN vary. As you pointed out, there could be voltage differences. One thing you can TRY is using a cord that connects to your PC, the PC will handle voltage regulation, BUT the charge will be slower.Rich C. (PKcable)
Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
- By AndrewRC123 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-02-2013, 07:25 PM
- By ramsv94 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM
- By jstwondrng in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 7Last Post: 07-30-2013, 05:02 PM
- By Nelson Master in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2013, 03:07 AM
- By Comal in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:28 AM