mk808 help

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
so ive just got my mk808 and i will be needing some help as im not too tech savvy...i love tech though....
i want to know if the device is rooted out of the the box?

i will be using it how it is but if i ever wanted to flash a rom on it. how do i go about doing this?
finless rom seems to be the one of choice for everyone out there.

links and forums would be a great help guys. any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
just got round to testing it....i thought i purchased the mk808 non bluetooth with ice cream sandwich...turns out ive got bluetooth with jelly bean 4.2.2..

is this mk808b? and is this better?

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
Here are some of my experiences with the MK808b:
I purchased mine off Amazon. I live in Mexico and my purpose is to watch Amazon Prime movies from here.
Setup is pretty basic. When you start the Android Browser for the first time it installs an old version of Flash. This has has to be upgraded or many Flash sites, including Amazon will not work right. They work intermittently and will drive you nuts.
Be sure to go into your network settings and enable "use network time" or your device will forget the time.
When you try to install VPN it will ask for a pin or password or pattern. Choose the pin and remember it as each time you change internet connection, you will need the pin to access. Do not choose pattern as the device will not ask for this later and you will have to reset the device to change it.
The wireless sucks due to a short in the antenna wire. I opened the case and removed the wires from the outer case separating the shield from the core. I then cut a small notch in the case and just ran the wires out the side and it works okay. A better choice, which I went to, is to get a USB to RJ45 adapter and plug it in direct to your router. This brought my network speeds up to max. Wireless I never got over 50% of my true router speed.
I power mine from the USB port on the TV and this works fine.
I use HideMyAss for VPN and have always had great results.
It took me two days of messing with this thing and there were times when I thought a hammer or flushing it down the toilet were the only options. I hope this saves somebody a bunch of headaches.
Have fun!

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Here are some of my experiences with the MK808b:
I purchased mine off Amazon. I live in Mexico and my purpose is to watch Amazon Prime movies from here.
Setup is pretty basic. When you start the Android Browser for the first time it installs an old version of Flash. This has has to be upgraded or many Flash sites, including Amazon will not work right. They work intermittently and will drive you nuts.
Be sure to go into your network settings and enable "use network time" or your device will forget the time.
When you try to install VPN it will ask for a pin or password or pattern. Choose the pin and remember it as each time you change internet connection, you will need the pin to access. Do not choose pattern as the device will not ask for this later and you will have to reset the device to change it.
The wireless sucks due to a short in the antenna wire. I opened the case and removed the wires from the outer case separating the shield from the core. I then cut a small notch in the case and just ran the wires out the side and it works okay. A better choice, which I went to, is to get a USB to RJ45 adapter and plug it in direct to your router. This brought my network speeds up to max. Wireless I never got over 50% of my true router speed.
I power mine from the USB port on the TV and this works fine.
I use HideMyAss for VPN and have always had great results.
It took me two days of messing with this thing and there were times when I thought a hammer or flushing it down the toilet were the only options. I hope this saves somebody a bunch of headaches.
Have fun!

well i have been using for a while now...it works fine the way i use it but this is not my main device,i use my apple tv for media use..but i have managed to get xaf xbmc and is working fine...some lagging but not really too fussed as im getting the minix neo x7. you power yours threw usb,that didnt work for me..im using my Samsung galaxy charger 5v 2amp this works great.. you should have a look at the minix,i think that's the way to go.

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
My issue was not the power. I tried the power supply that came with the unit as well during setup and testing. Mine was definitely the version of flash. Remember I am also using mine with VPN and specifically on Amazon Prime. It now has been working very good for the last 48 hours or so.

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
thats good to hear and hopefully it works as long as you have it. I've never actually had problems with flash.. i think the main problem with these devices is the rom and kernal..custom roms like finless are supposed to be a good stability fix. I've not rooted mine or anything im using stock rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae