virgin mobile supreme boot up sound disable

mrscribbles

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
So i just got the virgin mobile supreme and I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the boot up sound and none of the apps made to do so are working. Can anyone help??

BugeHalls

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So i just got the virgin mobile supreme and I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the boot up sound and none of the apps made to do so are working. Can anyone help??

You have to have it rooted - process is here: [Q] ZTE Supreme - xda-developers

Then you can add .bak to Bootsound_virgin.ogg - it's located in system/etc.

You can't accomplish this unless you are rooted as the file is in a protected directory. Rooting it was painless though

thomasraz

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm root and that didn't work for me when I tried it from adb shell:

shell@android:/system/etc/ # mv Bootsound_virgin.ogg Bootsound_virgin.ogg.bak
failed on 'Bootsound_virgin.ogg' - Read-only file system

shell@android:/system/etc/ # ll *.ogg
-rw-r--r-- root root 59584 2013-04-19 03:445 Bootsound_virgin.ogg

But I was able to rename (and ultimately, delete) it using Root Browser. Odd. I was also able to delete the boot animation sequence from /system/media with Root Browser.

Ian Scott of Arisia

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Sweet, this worked pretty well for me on my Virgin Mobile Supreme (ZTE)... I had to run it twice (on my phone and twice on my wife's) before it was successful.
Both phones, on the first running of the batch file, failed the installed, but after reboot and subsequent run, it worked (it did note the prior failure in the text).
That was the most annoying startup sound possible, what were they thinking?? Thank you for this info!!

EDIT: after rooting, root browser was all I needed to change the permissions for the sound file, and then rename it to old_
PS: My TrendMicro wanted to delete a file in the zip called "pwn"...this is essential to the batch file running. I tried without it and
the batch would not run, it's a resource file for the rooting exploit I believe. I just told Trend Micro to **** off momentarily...