Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android box

Hi all,

I'm new to all this and looking for info on android boxes.

I'm currently running xbmc through an old netbook and I'm looking for an android box now so that I can use google play music, and game apps for my son too.

Minix x5 & x7, or the mini versions, or a ddroidbox imx6 have caught my eye. What are people's opinions? Obviously I'm also very open to suggestions for a box.

This would not just be for streaming live tv so would like a well rounded box.

If this has been posted in the wrong thread, I apologies in advance but I'm really looking for help.

Thanks

N9ble

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Android box

Quote Originally Posted by n9ble View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to all this and looking for info on android boxes.

I'm currently running xbmc through an old netbook and I'm looking for an android box now so that I can use google play music, and game apps for my son too.

Minix x5 & x7, or the mini versions, or a ddroidbox imx6 have caught my eye. What are people's opinions? Obviously I'm also very open to suggestions for a box.

This would not just be for streaming live tv so would like a well rounded box.

If this has been posted in the wrong thread, I apologies in advance but I'm really looking for help.

Thanks

N9ble
    Maybe the Amazon Fire TV will do it for you.

Amazon Fire TV Streaming Media Player

This could also work out for you.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Re: Android box

Go for the new MINIX X8 H really great box it handles all video and audio formats

Posted via Android Central App