Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP Android charges but does not connect to PC

I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8. Yesterday it started to not detect my computer when I plug it in. It charges but it doesn't seem to know that it has been connected to my computer as this usually prompts my tablet to ask me to connect as usb.

- I have already checked the settings and it's connected as a USB storage (the tablet has a micro sd card that still works) and I've already selected USB debugging
    - I'm running on 4.2.2
    - I've already done a factory reset
    - I've tried 3 different cables on it
    - I've tried 2 laptops (one is Win 7 the other is Win 8.1) and 1 PC (Win XP)
    - This feature was still working two days ago

Any suggestions?

Default Re: HELP Android charges but does not connect to PC

Quote Originally Posted by kimmandy36 View Post
    I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8. Yesterday it started to not detect my computer when I plug it in. It charges but it doesn't seem to know that it has been connected to my computer as this usually prompts my tablet to ask me to connect as usb.

- I have already checked the settings and it's connected as a USB storage (the tablet has a micro sd card that still works) and I've already selected USB debugging
    - I'm running on 4.2.2
    - I've already done a factory reset
    - I've tried 3 different cables on it
    - I've tried 2 laptops (one is Win 7 the other is Win 8.1) and 1 PC (Win XP)
    - This feature was still working two days ago

Any suggestions?
    reinstall the usb drivers
    what phone are you using ?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

There are no usb drivers for the Lenovo Yoga Tablet. At the same time if the usb driver was the problem wouldn't be my device be detected by my pc but not recognized? Mine doesn't have that effect. My tablet doesn't even know that it's been connected to a pc, it just charges.

I have the same problem with Sony XPeria and Win10. On other PCs my phone connects immediately but on my home PC it just charges.
    Did you found a solution?