HELP Android charges but does not connect to PC

kimmandy36

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8. Yesterday it started to not detect my computer when I plug it in. It charges but it doesn't seem to know that it has been connected to my computer as this usually prompts my tablet to ask me to connect as usb.

- I have already checked the settings and it's connected as a USB storage (the tablet has a micro sd card that still works) and I've already selected USB debugging
- I'm running on 4.2.2
- I've already done a factory reset
- I've tried 3 different cables on it
- I've tried 2 laptops (one is Win 7 the other is Win 8.1) and 1 PC (Win XP)
- This feature was still working two days ago

Any suggestions?:'(

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8. Yesterday it started to not detect my computer when I plug it in. It charges but it doesn't seem to know that it has been connected to my computer as this usually prompts my tablet to ask me to connect as usb.

- I have already checked the settings and it's connected as a USB storage (the tablet has a micro sd card that still works) and I've already selected USB debugging
- I'm running on 4.2.2
- I've already done a factory reset
- I've tried 3 different cables on it
- I've tried 2 laptops (one is Win 7 the other is Win 8.1) and 1 PC (Win XP)
- This feature was still working two days ago

Any suggestions?:'(

reinstall the usb drivers
what phone are you using ?

kimmandy36

May 10, 2014
Visit site
There are no usb drivers for the Lenovo Yoga Tablet. At the same time if the usb driver was the problem wouldn't be my device be detected by my pc but not recognized? Mine doesn't have that effect. My tablet doesn't even know that it's been connected to a pc, it just charges.

EarlJ

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with Sony XPeria and Win10. On other PCs my phone connects immediately but on my home PC it just charges.
Did you found a solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith