Hisense 55H6SG Smart TV

alex954

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My friend just managed to get one of the new Hisense 55H6SG Smart TV.

Here are a few pictures since I was trying to find some to research it, and couldn't find any prior to his purchase.
It did have a ~300 Mb update after we set it up. The pictures are after that update.

This is the Home Screen
DSC_0023.jpg

And the App drawer, the App drawer scrolls horizontally.
DSC_0025.jpg

About TV screen
DSC_0021.jpg

Storage screen
DSC_0022.jpg

Chrome browser
DSC_0026.jpg

You can even sideload apps, downloaded and installed XBMC from their web page.
DSC_0027.jpg

Enjoy!

Alien987

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks nice.

Any comment on picture and audio quality, colors, etc.? What about lag, does it feels fast when navigating the menus and selecting apps or options?

Thanks for the pictures!

OsirisGaming

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks nice.

Any comment on picture and audio quality, colors, etc.? What about lag, does it feels fast when navigating the menus and selecting apps or options?

Thanks for the pictures!

I just picked one of these up last night for $648 at Walmart. Incredible TV so far!

Android is working fine so far. I also had the 300MB update right off the bat, but I own 6 android devices, so I'm kinda used to it. I have never had a google TV before, so I don't know if this is full-on google TV or if this is a hybrid?

the menus are very snappy and apps load quickly. I was actually surprised to see the TV came with 3 USB ports and a bluetooth mouse remote.

One question. There is a row of default apps across the top. I would dearly love to replace a couple of them with XBMC and Plex. I have not figured out now to add/delete/move apps from that home row yet. Any advice would be very helpful!

edwillkare

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I got the Hisense 55H6SG Android TV five months ago. Got a 350 MB update. And now the clock works right. One Problem -- Vudu In the menu by Netflix . Netflix is enabled. Vudu is disabled. HOW DO I ENABLE VUDU ??????????? Please someone help.

Last edited:

n1nj4Lo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Has there been anymore word of updates for this Tv? I'm getting it from MicroCenter for $399 plus tax, be nice to retire my Sony Google Tv 3D Bluray Player to another tv in my house. I already know root is attainable via cydia impactor, I was just curious as to if there were any newer updates, although it'll be nice to have Jellybean on the Big Screen instead of old and outdated Honeycomb.

Oh and @alex954 what version of XBMC/Kodi is that you got to work on it, this'll be awesome too, instead of running it from my HTPC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance