Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is it OK to charge the phone from 30%/50% to 100%?

    I can't really drain my phone within a day i'm not that of a heavy user. So it is ok to charge the phone when it's not drain/10% bellow battery life? Will it have long term damage in my battery?
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  2. #2  
    Vsweety's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is it OK to charge the phone from 30%/50% to 100%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    I can't really drain my phone within a day i'm not that of a heavy user. So it is ok to charge the phone when it's not drain/10% bellow battery life?
    Yes.

    Will it have long term damage in my battery?
    No.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    davidnc's Avatar

    Posts
    6,564 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

    Default Re: Is it OK to charge the phone from 30%/50% to 100%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    I can't really drain my phone within a day i'm not that of a heavy user. So it is ok to charge the phone when it's not drain/10% bellow battery life? Will it have long term damage in my battery?
    Yes you do not have to completely drain battery before you re charge it.
    I bump charge mine anytime.I commonly charge my phone even if its just down to 25% ,30% of battery power left.
    I dont really let mine get below 10% of battery left,, before I re charge.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Is it OK to charge the phone from 30%/50% to 100%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    Yes.



    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Yes you do not have to completely drain battery before you re charge it.
    I bump charge mine anytime.I commonly charge my phone even if its just down to 25% ,30% of battery power left.
    I dont really let mine get below 10% of battery left,, before I re charge.
    How about not fully charging it? I mean, you plugged it in let say 20% then you have to leave and its in like 70% is that bad?
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  5. #5  
    Vsweety's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is it OK to charge the phone from 30%/50% to 100%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    How about not fully charging it? I mean, you plugged it in let say 20% then you have to leave and its in like 70% is that bad?
    No.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    davidnc's Avatar

    Posts
    6,564 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

    Default Re: Is it OK to charge the phone from 30%/50% to 100%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    How about not fully charging it? I mean, you plugged it in let say 20% then you have to leave and its in like 70% is that bad?
    As Vsweety said : No

    It doesn't matter you don't have to always fully charge it.
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM
  2. Software update from AT&T interupted
    By TxDaydreamer1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 09:25 PM
  3. Please convince me i made the correct choice to buy an S4!!.........!
    By galaxys4 newbie in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 08:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 06:31 AM
  5. Any nexus 4 users looking to upgrade to the G3?
    By Chetan Takyar in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 04:24 AM

Posting Permissions