Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keeping Unlimited Data on Verizon - Switching from a SIM to a Micro SIM

My brother had his Droid Razr ran over by a semi, so temporarily he bought a HTC Droid Incredible, and used his old SIM card and SD card.

He just received a Moto X he bough off of Swappa, which has a Micro SIM card slot, so he can't use his old SIM card. He wants to keep his unlimited data, of course, but a friend of his bought a Moto X off-contract as well and when he got a new SIM card he lost his unlimited data.

Basically, I'm wondering what the process is for him to keep the Moto X, buy a micro SIM card, transfer the information from the SIM card to the micro SIM card, and keep his unlimited data.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Keeping Unlimited Data on Verizon - Switching from a SIM to a Micro SIM

Not that I know the answer, but I'm gonna think that the unlimited data goes with the account, not the SIM card. I did the do-si-do to upgrade and keep my unlimited data (upgrade my wife's phone with Verizon so she lost unlimited, then move the new phone to my number, keeping the new phone's SIM card, and reactivate her old phone on her number). It worked fine.

Is there any reason he can't just go into a Verizon the carrier's store and ask for a micro SIM card to use his new phone on his current account?

Default Re: Keeping Unlimited Data on Verizon - Switching from a SIM to a Micro SIM

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Droid View Post
    My brother had his Droid Razr ran over by a semi, so temporarily he bought a HTC Droid Incredible, and used his old SIM card and SD card.

He just received a Moto X he bough off of Swappa, which has a Micro SIM card slot, so he can't use his old SIM card. He wants to keep his unlimited data, of course, but a friend of his bought a Moto X off-contract as well and when he got a new SIM card he lost his unlimited data.

Basically, I'm wondering what the process is for him to keep the Moto X, buy a micro SIM card, transfer the information from the SIM card to the micro SIM card, and keep his unlimited data.

Thanks in advance!
    If the incredible is the lte version it uses an lte sim so he can buy a sim cutter from amazon and cut it into a micro sim and won't lose his unlimited. But your friend shouldn't have lost his UDP if he bought the x off contract. Something isn't right there. I would have fought to get it put back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jodie Thomsen likes this.