looking to re enter android

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I want to get back into android a bit from my z10. I'm looking at the lg l70, htc desire 610 or the pantech discover, and recommendations that I could get for around $200?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What carrier do you have? That's one of the main considerations, because not all devices are available on all carriers.

Have you considered buying the unlocked Moto G? The original Moto G with 8 GB is $179, and the 16 GB is $199 (which I would recommend--always get the most internal storage that you can afford). The Moto G 4G LTE is $219, and although it is only 8 GB, it is LTE capable (while the original Moto G can only get HSPA+ at the most), and it also has a microSD slot. Moto G by Motorola

The LG is probably not worth considering--dual core processor vs the quad core of the Moto G and the HTC, poor resolution (480x800), and only 4 GB of internal storage. The Pantech has ok specs, but I'd be concerned about support, since Pantech isn't a big name.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, carrier is a big consideration, plus for 200 you aren't going to get anything special. The Moto G may be your best bet at that price.

The above is assuming you are buying straight out. Is you are getting a subsidized phone from an American carrier that is a whole different ballgame. Need more to go on.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I want to get back into android a bit from my z10. I'm looking at the lg l70, htc desire 610 or the pantech discover, and recommendations that I could get for around $200?

Posted via Android Central App

Like the above poster pointed out; are you getting a device subsidized, or buying it outright?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

iParzival

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I have nothing bad to say about the Moto G, I just could not lay my hands on one anywhere and I like to handle phones before I buy. The Desire 610 feels very solid in your hands, speakers are good, call quality good, radio signal strength excellent and the battery life is crazy good in my experience. The only downer is viewing angles, off angle viewing is a disappointment, something the Moto G is reported to be much better at. Camera is okay, I'm not a big photo guy so it's 'good enough' for my needs, honestly think it's better than the camera on the M8.

Performance is good, Sense 6 is snappy (I don't use Blinkfeed so I can't speak to that) and overall it's just been a solid and useful device. I'm a moderate phone user, some days I pick it up every 15 minutes, other days it sits on my desk idle for a couple hours at a clip, so your mileage may vary of course, but I'm fairly pleased. I'm done paying $650 for phones and it's nice to see some competition in the mid-range.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000