Jolla Tablet - costs $209 and can run Adnroid apps - on Indiegogo

dararede

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking for a while to get new tablet, Nokia N1 seens like a perfect device but today I found out about Jolla Tablet. Has same space and it is even few bucks cheaper. OS is Sailfish and it is capable of running Android apps so I was thinking to pledge for one. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would approach with a lot of caution. It's a relatively uncommon OS that doesn't have a ton of support. Android compatibility doesn't mean apps will run completely flawlessly. It could be like Android compatibility on a Blackberry device, which isn't perfect. Unless you're really interested in Sailfish, is it worth it being a few bucks cheaper?

samaspotion

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
It's the first tablet which really makes me say: "Wow! Nice design". However, as B. Diddy said, "Android compatibility doesn't mean apps will run completely flawlessly".
Maybe Sailfish OS will become more popular, but until then, I would still stick with an Android tablet. Of course, it also depends on how you would use it. Eg: if it's only for e-mails, web browsing and videos watching, then I'm sure the Jolla Tablet is a good choice.
(Not saying it's good only to do those things, but of course if you want to use a lot of Android apps and games, it may not be the ideal choice).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta