New to this; Please help!

VaBob

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I am new to not only this site but Android in general. I have read up and rooting and being able to have a lot more functionality than other OS. I have some general questions like where a beginner like me should go to find out more about these topics the new Android user should see. Also, are there any good chat rooms where I could connect with fellow Android people? I've searched around and can only seem to find forums and nothing with respect to live chat (which could speed things up due to not having to wait for replies lol). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Bob

Samsung Galaxy Centura and Samsung Tablet

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Forums! Unfortunately, due to our very active lives these days and the fact that we're usually connecting with people in different time zones and who are only doing this for fun, live chat rooms are quickly becoming less common :(

Most forums do have dedicated sections to rooting and customizing, and some forums are more specialized than others in certain topics, but if you want direct help, I suggest you reach out to someone you feel could help you through the forums and then ask for their help via IM like Hangouts or Skype. You'll be surprised how many of us are more than willing to help as much as we can :)

Unfortunately, I'm not the greatest person to turn to when it comes to rooting and customizing (the last time I rooted my phone was with the original Motorola Droid haha).

Here's a very good place to start with quick how-to's and guides :)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01